Mexican Food

Options
What is the best choice to get when you go out to eat at a mexican restaurant?

Replies

• SJSchwartz
    Options
    You could look at their vegetarian menu. I've ordered the vegetarian fajitas, and then only ate one or two of the tortillas that came with it.
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Chicken is always better for me than beef......I love the bean borritos and salsa..mmm!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    MY best choice at a Mexican restaurant is to ask them NOT to bring me the bowl of chips with salsa. I generally get a chicken or beef taco salad, and I eat the bowl, too, but if I don't get into the chips I do just fine with it. Well, I might have to eat light the rest of the day, too, or get a workout in, but for me taco salad, hold the chips is usually a win.
  • freska1181
    freska1181 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My friend owns a Mexican restuarant, and we go to watch sporting events there. I will get the beef fajitas because the chicken ones aren't as tastey there, but I only eat one tortilla (corn) and I try to skip the sour cream, and guac. At most I limit myself to 2, and I take the rest of the meat home for some other time.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    ^ they have it right. when i go out i want to enjoy my food but taking at least half home (sometime i'll even pre pack it to force the self control) and avoiding the chips work pretty well. i accept when i eat out my sodium will be horrible but the biggest challenge is the bowl of chips because i love them so much
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I order fajitas but I tell them to hold the tortillas.
  • millerne
    millerne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    spicy mexican rice and chicken breast in fajita seasoning with some seasoned grilled veggies, done.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    bean burritos!! yummy
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If it is something that comes with refried beans I ask for black beans instead. I have also learned that some things that seem healthy are not at all. So if it is a chain I always jump online and look up the nutritional value first.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    ^ they have it right. when i go out i want to enjoy my food but taking at least half home (sometime i'll even pre pack it to force the self control) and avoiding the chips work pretty well. i accept when i eat out my sodium will be horrible but the biggest challenge is the bowl of chips because i love them so much

I absolutely ADORE chips and salsa. Also chips and queso. Also chips and guacamole. :frown: So the best policy for me, sadly, is not to even get started. It's so blamed hard to get stopped :sad: