Belly Fat!!

Options
Ok so ive been going to the gym every other day for 2 weeks now, (i know thats not long) my routine is usually treadmill for 45 and ark trainer for 10..Im just starting out so i didnt want to over do it, But now im ready for some real workouts..Im ready to step my game up lol...I want to lose my Belly fat because this is my problem area all my weight gain is in my mid section.. I want to know some work outs and things i can do at the gym to help me get into shape.. Im totally clueless as to what to do when im there!! and im scared of a personal trainer only bc i dont want to hurt myself or look like a sissy if i need a break!! lets face it im not the most active person...So come on people help me out :happy:

Replies

• mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well personally, I do lots of kettlebell workouts and I have just started doing planks! The planks are awesome for working your core. Keep doing lots of cardio because that is what will ultimately take care of the belly fat!

Barb
  • Samantha5730
    Options
    I don't know how you usually use your treadmil but if you want, try spiking the incline to about 2.5 or if you can, 3.5. It adds a little bit of resistance and works more muscles. My abs are often sore after I do this and it also does wonders for toning your butt and legs. The main thing for belly fat is to make sure your getting adequate cardio time and you sound like your doing a pretty good amount. Just make sure you do it atleast 3 times a week to really see results. I don't know if that helped, it's just kind of what I've seen results on myself with. Good luck :)
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have been working out consistently for almost 2 years now and 75 ibs later. I have 20 pounds to go to reach my ultimate goal and I am just now seeing the belly fat disapearing. Cardio, cardio, cardio
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Are you running or jogging on the treadmill? If not, you may want to try the Couch 2 5k program. It is an interval training program. Cardio is the best way to burn belly fat and the C25k program is easy to use also.

Also if you are looking to ton your abs, I have found that Jillian Michaels 6 wk abs is very tough (for me at least) and really works the abs. I have a very hard time doing ab workouts because I have had 3 c sections and the muscles just dont want to get back into shape!
  • chrysnel
    Options
    I have heard (and am finding out) that great abs are made in the kitchen, not so much in the gym! Keep your food clean - stay away from processed foods, refined sugar, white flour, and excess sodium. Eat lots of veggies, some fruits, lots of lean proteins, and complex carbs. Eat 5 or 6 small meals per day, making sure you include a lean protein and complex carb at each meal. Drink plenty of water and avoid sugary drinks and juices. I know you've probably heard this advice a million times before, but it really does work! :happy:
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Does you gym offer Pilates classes? I've been going for a few weeks now (only 1 hr per week in class and I'm doing some at home too) but I am already noticing the difference. Pilates is all about strengthening your 'core' muscles - those lurking from your bust to your hips. We're being taught how to isolate those muscles and work with those rather than the big muscles (thighs etc) that you do without thinking. Toning your stomach and abs will certainly help flatten your belly.

The other big benefit with Pilates is that it improves your posture which makes you stand taller and therefore pulls your belly in!

Good luck
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    As others have said, cardio will help burn the fat. Planks and crunches will help build the core muscles.

............ And patience, lots and lots of patience. :smile:
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    As others have said, cardio will help burn the fat. Planks and crunches will help build the core muscles.

............ And patience, lots and lots of patience. :smile:

Patience is a HUGE part!!!
  • Lisamarie7574
    Lisamarie7574 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ok well my question then is this: I've had a twin pregnancy and lots of abdominal distension from gastro issues, so now I have a pouchy belly. I've been working out with the Wii EA Sports Active 2 since the beginning of January. At what point should I look down at my belly and say, "you're never going to get flat because what you really need is lipo or a tummy tuck", which I'll never do?
  • Vicki_78
    Vicki_78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have heard (and am finding out) that great abs are made in the kitchen, not so much in the gym! Keep your food clean - stay away from processed foods, refined sugar, white flour, and excess sodium. Eat lots of veggies, some fruits, lots of lean proteins, and complex carbs. Eat 5 or 6 small meals per day, making sure you include a lean protein and complex carb at each meal. Drink plenty of water and avoid sugary drinks and juices. I know you've probably heard this advice a million times before, but it really does work! :happy:

100% Solid Advice. Completely Agree.
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else...lots of cardio and a good diet...that's what's I'm trying and hope it helps. I was always intimidated by personal trainers, but now I have one (we're meeting every couple weeks right now) and I couldn't do it without him! He designed a great routine for me and was friendly enough that if I was having trouble with a machine, he helped me instead of criticizing.