I'm new here and stuck

Options
I have about 160 lbs to lose lose I lost 10 lbs the first 3 weeks . I have bodybugg I burn ard 3800 to 4300 calories a day. I eat ard 2100 to 2600 calories a day. The last 2 week been stuck at the same weight. I drink more than 8 glass of water a day . I cut out putting salt on food. I've made lots of healther choices. I get fuller faster can't seem to eat as much. Help please

Replies

• dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    Sometimes that happens. You get stuck for a little bit but you'll begin losing again. Just keep up the good work...it'll pay off.
  • WeightLossTrek
    Options
    what is bodybugg?
  • rbalowski
    rbalowski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    a bodybugg is what they use on the biggest loser show it tells you how many calories your burning per day
  • rbalowski
    Options
    thanks dspearsb
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I would make sure your calories are coming from good, wholesome healthy food. Lots of lean protein, veggies, and nonprocessed carbs. All too often I see people's diarys and they are filled with junk---but they stay under their calories---I think in order to make this happen and improve your overall health, you have to make more changes than just watch the calories coming in.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I have the bodymedia fit and have decided to actually listen to it. I burn between 2800 and 3300 calories a day and usually eat about 1500-1700 calories, creating a really large deficit. I hear that if you want to lose over 20 pounds you can create a deficit of no more than a thousand and if you want to lose less than 20 pounds the deficit should really only be about 500 to prevent the body from going into starvation. So starting yesterday, I upped my calories. Will weigh in next week to see if the increased calories get me out of my slump. I also read that it takes about a week of eating more for your body to realize you ar no longer starving it and release weight.
  • rbalowski
    Options
    yes i read that as well was thinking of doing the same thing, but i feel so full with what I'm eatting now . I may try doing same thing
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Change up your exercise regimine. I was stuck after loosing 15 pounds at the same weight and i started doing different workouts and that seemed to boost me right back into loosing weight.....try this, cardio 1 week, strength train 1 week.....switch it up! Make it fun for you and those pounds will start to shed again....good luck!!!
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    I have the bodymedia fit and have decided to actually listen to it. I burn between 2800 and 3300 calories a day and usually eat about 1500-1700 calories, creating a really large deficit. I hear that if you want to lose over 20 pounds you can create a deficit of no more than a thousand and if you want to lose less than 20 pounds the deficit should really only be about 500 to prevent the body from going into starvation. So starting yesterday, I upped my calories. Will weigh in next week to see if the increased calories get me out of my slump. I also read that it takes about a week of eating more for your body to realize you ar no longer starving it and release weight.

Can I ask what you do to burn so many calories a day? I really need to burn more...
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    I do zumba for 45 minutes which burns close to 500 calories, and 30 minutes ifit elliptical which burns about 400. Then just on my feet cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc. for the rest of the day. Sitting I burn 1.2 calories per minute, if I am on my feet doing nothing, I burn 3 calories a minute so I try to stay off my bottom pretty much until 6 in the evening. I will also sometimes do yoga before bed if I am tight which burns about 200 calories more. To me the biggest benefit of the bodymedia is seeing how different exercises/food eating time, etc. raises your nighttime metabolism and seeing how doing just about anything but sitting burns more calories, even sitting on an exercise ball while watching t.v.
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    I haven't really added food just things like a glass of mild with breakfast or a slice of cheese with lunch and hand full or raisins with my nuts and a protein bar in between my other meals. This didn't add much food but boosted my calories by almost 400 calories.
  • rbalowski
    Options
    I'm burning more calories because I'm bigger than you, but I started bowling again 3 nights a week. At my size I can burn between 600-700 calories in a hr in a half.
  • misseswalton
    Options
    Maybe you oughtta take a preggo test
  • rbalowski
    Options
    I'm a guy don't think that it:laugh: