HRM

Options
Question. What is the most user friendly, affordable hrm I can find to use with Zumba?

Replies

• santoshrane
    Options
    Do you mean Zumba as in the dance?

What phone do you use? eg Andriod or Iphone?

Are you looking for a HRM Watch ?
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I would not settle for anything without a chest strap---I love my Polar FT4. About 90 bucks.
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Agreed - Polar FT4 is the best :) I use it everyday.....
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Zumba as in the dance?

What phone do you use? eg Andriod or Iphone?

Are you looking for a HRM Watch ?

I have an iPhone. And definitely something I can wear, a strap or a watch. And yes, with Zumba.
  • jennifir
    Options
    where do you get the Polar Ft4
  • Lindsay7360
    Options
    I have the polar F6 - got mine for about $85. If you do a little digging on-line, you can find them for cheaper than they *normally* go for.

Good luck!
  • jillMoose
    jillMoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Polar is great because it measures heart rate AND tells you how many calories burned -- but its not cheap
    before i had that i had a nike hrm that WAS cheap (got it at costco for about 20-30$) but it didnt tell you calories burned. the hr was accurate though.
  • vickid24
    Options
    I use a HRM (wrist watch) that i bought at Wal-mart for about 27.00 and like you I use it for when I go to my Zumba workouts. Most of the ladies in my Zumba class have the same one or something similar. I think it works great! :happy:
  • santoshrane
    Options
    You get "endomondo" and "run.gps" softwares on your iphone.

If you visit these software websites they show you a list of HRM's that work with them. Yes the one you strap it across your chest.

So now you would have one device that plays music and monitor your HR also. + u can upload these data on their community to log it and refer it later.
  • jennifir
    Options
    I use a HRM (wrist watch) that i bought at Wal-mart for about 27.00 and like you I use it for when I go to my Zumba workouts. Most of the ladies in my Zumba class have the same one or something similar. I think it works great! :happy:

Does it tell calories burned.

Thank you guys! I want to get the right thing and one I can understand.
  • santoshrane
    Options
    Just to add the Zephyr HRM which works with Run.gps also has a Pedometer inside which also tracks your pace. So along with calories, it also checks your pace and tell u distance travelled.

Zephyr HRM is also used by the military to track the soldiers fitness. I think the product is serious and accurate.

http://www.zephyr-technology.com/consumer-hxm

i have been using since last 3 yrs and me happy :)
  • jennifir
    Options
    Thanks ya'll...I've picked a Polar ft4 which is compatible with the Edomondo app for my iPhone! Ya'll rock!
  • jennifir
    Options
    Just to add the Zephyr HRM which works with Run.gps also has a Pedometer inside which also tracks your pace. So along with calories, it also checks your pace and tell u distance travelled.

Zephyr HRM is also used by the military to track the soldiers fitness. I think the product is serious and accurate.

http://www.zephyr-technology.com/consumer-hxm

i have been using since last 3 yrs and me happy :)

I'll check it out too...thank you!
  • vickid24
    Options

Does it tell calories burned.

Thank you guys! I want to get the right thing and one I can understand.

Yes it does. It has calories borned, a personal profile and the HR is accurate (at least for me).
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT7 (watch and chest stap). It was about $120, and I love it.
  • jennifir
    Options
    I just wanna say thank you for all the input. I bought a Polar ft4 which is compatible with endomondo on my iPhone!! And I love it!
  • nukehiker
    Options
    Bump
  • jennifir
    Options
    Bump

jc...I see bump a lot...what exactly does that mean?