THIS REALLY WORKS!!

2»

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    I've finally lost weight and stuck to it. Seeing how many days I've logged in in a row makes me want to get that number higher and higher. I've also been REALLY conscious about everything I eat, and I just LOVE this site!
  • It's making me accountable for everything I eat - especially when I cheat a little bit!
    I'm relearning how to eat. I've gone back to the way my grandmother use to make meals: small meat, large vegetable, small starch, add beverage or your choice.
    Before MFP, I couldn't put all the pieces together: calories in, grams of fat taken in, carbs per day, how much protein per meal, how much exercise, which exercise to do, etc. It was too much to keep track of. But now everything is right in front of me.
    I'm having so much FUN with this site - I'm so encouraged here I just love it.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    It has really helped me to think of my daily caloric intake as a type of currency. In the same way that I would weigh the cost of something against the amount of money I have available, I weigh the calories of a particular food against the number of calories I can consume that day and decide whether it's worth it to "spend" those calories.

For example, there's a HUGE birthday cake in the breakroom at my job right now. It's been there since yesterday. And it's white cake. I freaking LOVE white cake. And before, even when I was *sort of* watching what I ate, I would have had a piece. Maybe two. But now that MFP has provided me with a very specific, focused, and VISUAL tool for understanding my daily caloric intake, I haven't even CONSIDERED having a piece. I could have a fairly satisfying meal for the 300-400 calories in that piece of cake, so it's just not worth it.

I love this site!

TOTALLY! I am turnin down donuts and chocolate candy and cake left and right! People at work now know to not even bother offering!! lol
  • Marie143
    Marie143 Posts: 1 Member
    That is so awesome! I've been struggling with motivation but need to utilize this great too more often! :)
  • I love this site to the motivation ppl bring really helps me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!