My ring is too big...

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
...like "slipping off my finger" big. Where can I find those rubber ring guard things? Does somewhere like Target have them, or do I need to go to a jewelry store?

Replies

• Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I got mine a Walmart. I was having the same problem.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    i found some at wal mart once so target might have them to
  • msgadberry
    msgadberry Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to be able to wear my wedding set after years of it being way to tight! I got those adjusters at Walmart, but they were so stiff I couldn't get them on my rings. :( Still wearing the rings, but my diamond slides all the time.
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    How about getting your ring re-sized by a jeweler??? Most rings can re-sized as many times as you need and in both directions.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    How about getting your ring re-sized by a jeweler??? Most rings can re-sized as many times as you need and in both directions.

Sadly this isn't an option for me right now. I'm having the same problem with 3/5 rings that i wear every day. i can't/don't want to get them resized right now 'cause of the 20ish pounds i have left to lose plus you got to figure on winter so your hands shrink in the cold. Wait till summer to get them resized if thats the route your going to take. You resize now and your fingers will be squished when your hands swell from the heat.

PS I'm looking for the sizer things as well, right now i have tape :blushing: wrapped around those 3 problem rings(the 3 that are issues are my 3 most important rings in my whole life!)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I'd rather wait until I get to my goal weight because I'd heard that sizing a ring (more than once) is not god for it.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Talk to a local jeweler (not a chain), they usually have a few different methods of making a ring temporarily snugger that does not involve re-sizing. Some have the plastic inserts, some do a ball thingy, some use little metal bars under the shank. They do a nicer job if you tell them that you have a bunch that will need re-sizing in the near future and plan to bring them there..... :wink:
  • brocflores
    Options
    Thank you sooo much for posting I've been having the same problem :/ so now I know I can go to Wally world ;) thanks for help!!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I won't size my ring! LOL Why should I pay the jeweler to keep some of my gold!? O.o

Hope you find the ring guards! I'll need them sooooon :)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I won't size my ring! LOL Why should I pay the jeweler to keep some of my gold!? O.o

Because when you bought it, you didn't pay based on the size of the ring. You don't pay more if you're a size 8 compared to a 6. Also, you should pay him to size it properly, so you don't end up losing your money if you lose the ring! Thats why lol :wink: