Stress Eating

Options
I am stress eating A LOT!! I have no clue how to handle this. I can feel my body not liking it (after eating healthy and exercising everyday) but I don't care. My hubby and I are arguing a lot lately, my father in law was in the hospital and is sick, my hubby's Grandma is dying from congenitive heart failure and my boys and their sports are killing me everyday. I think life is taking over and I can't handle it. I have to get this under control or I will not lose any weight or at least not be able to keep it off for long. Because life is life and if I can't handle it and always turn to food then I am going to be stuck like this forever. Any advice on how to avoid going to food everytime life gets to be too much.

Replies

• aeryn69
    aeryn69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know the problem, I'm terrible for stress eating. I've decided that instead of eating I'm going to try and do something physical - get on the stationary bike, go for a walk, shadow boxing, I don't care as long as it gets me moving and hopefuy works out some of the frustration and stress. Has to be healthier than punishing myself by sabotaging my weight loss.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Hey, you're in Rio Rancho! I live right near the Cottonwood Mall!

Is it possible for someone else to take on some of your responsibilities? Can you alternate driving to sports with another parent? I know it's easy to get stressed and just say "Screw it!" But you already know it isn't healthy for you. I'm a stay at home mom and I never, ever get a break. When I get stressed I go do something by myself. I'll go run errands, go shopping, anything to get me out of the house without my kids. But for stress eating on a daily basis it's best to just make sure you don't have processed food around. If you have to cook something it makes it harder to allow yourself to do it. And always say no to fast food!
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    I have the same problem! I also eat when I am lonely or sad or any other emotional reason. Which is weird because when I was younger I used to feel ill and not be able to eat. But I realized part of that is because now I have kids and a husband and I can just leave when ever I'm feeling bad and walk it off and think it out in peace. I usually have to be doing something else. It's a daily fight for me.

Currently I can't work out I think that helps some when you can get away for a bit.

Maybe Wii boxing would help. Box with your DH take some stress off. IDK I hope you find something that helps you though. I'm still searching for answers!