FINALLY found a yogurt!!

Options
I swear I have spent so much money on yogurt over the years, only to throw it all away a few weeks later. I have never liked it but have always WANTED to like it. I tried every flavor, texture, brand, etc and just could not like it. I know how good it can be for you and I have been looking for ways to up my protein. Well, I saw someone at work eating the greek yogurt, and knowing me (try every brand just to see), I decided to give it a whirl. First I bought the oikos brand and it was pretty bitter, and that familiar yogurt taste that Im not too fond of. But, I added a half cup of kashi to it and OMG!! Not only did I like it, I LOVED it. Its the best of both worlds. I was able to eat the yogurt, and it was more satifying than eating my kashi with skim milk. Today I bought the Dannon vanilla greek yogurt, because it has more per serving for the same calories. I added my kashi and mmmmhmmmm, sooooo delicious. I just wanted to share this incredible find!! 210 calories for a snack that is satisfying, delicious, healthy, plus has 17 gms of protein!!

Replies

• Mamaheatherhg
    Options
    Guess I'm gonna have to try that too! Thanks for the idea.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, I'm writing it down, that's GREAT protein for a yogurt!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love me some greek yogurt! I found too that some are really bitter- finally landed on a Yoplait 2x protein greek that is delish!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    i love yogurt, but as a snack on its own, its sometimes not as satisfying as i'd like. what a great tip! thanks!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations, and Good For You that you kept trying until you found a yogurt that you liked. I do like the Dannon Greek Yogurt, but my current favorite is Activia. I found an Activia Parfait that had granola with it. It was good, but a little pricey, in my opinion.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If you can get Chobani Greek it's in friggin' credible
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have tried Greek yogurt once and I about gagged.
    I think I will try it again with the Kashi cereal.
    What kind of Kashi cereal did you use?
  • LaytonSiebauer
    LaytonSiebauer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know! Try adding Del Monte No Sugar Added Mandarin Oranges. The fruit cup (of oranges) only has 40 calories. Yum.

Reminds me of the Dream Sicles we used to eat as kids. Delicious.
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I remember the brand of the one I tried...Fage....yuck! Please tell me other taste better?????
  • clentner
    Options
    +1 for Chobani. I could eat the black cherry one every day.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I remember the brand of the one I tried...Fage....yuck! Please tell me other taste better?????
    lol, Fage is my favorite!
  • froe2430
    Options
    +1 for Chobani. I could eat the black cherry one every day.

OMG! I just tried this today. 150 calories for a HUGE cup of black cherry deliciousness. Yes please!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    I'm going to look for this black cherry (my FAVE flavor!) Chobani, thanks everyone :)
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Love Chobani, and I get it at Sams club, a 12 pack, 4 strawberry, 4 blueberry, and 4 peach for just under 12 bucks, can't beat that since it is 1.79 per cup at grocery store!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My ABSOLUTE favorite greek yogurt is made by Greek Gods, it's their "honey" flavor, and I am not big on honey so just to give you an idea, it doesnt really taste like honey at all, but it is AMAZING! Unfortunately the calorie content is a bit high, so I dont eat it very often but its goooooood!

I usually go for FAGE Total 0% greek yogurt now because its SUPER low in calories, but still rich and creamy, awesome on a baked potato, but I typically throw it in with my smoothie in the morning (90 cals in 6 oz).
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have tried Greek yogurt once and I about gagged.
    I think I will try it again with the Kashi cereal.
    What kind of Kashi cereal did you use?

Right now I have the Kashi lean Crunch Honey Almond, but there is a berry one I want to try too!!

Lots of more good ideas here!! Im going to try the mandarin oranges and vanilla. Also, I wonder how it would taste added to my shakeology??