Flat Top Grill categories

Options
I'm going out to dinner with my mom on Saturday to Flat Top Grill (a build your own stir-fry place, for those who aren't familiar). I'm planning my calories for the weekend and wondering what I should allocate for this meal. There's no nutrition info on-line (other than their sauces, with was last updated in 2003). I plan on using the brown rice and loading up on veggies along with lean proteins (either chicken or fish) but I also know I'm going to have a piece of their roti bread and that the sauces can be tough. Does anyone have any ideas or estimates?

I allow myself to eat my maintenance calories (2100) on the weekends, and have a 400 calorie breakfast planned (light french toast and coffee!). Lunch will be determined by how many calories I need to set aside for dinner. Any suggestions?

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If your going to add sauce you can ask them to dilute it with pineapple juice. It will keep the calories and sodium down and still give you a sweet taste
  • driscollmc
    Options
    first of all, i'm majorly jealous you're going to flat top. love that place. two, i think what you said sounds perfect! just make sure you only do one serving size of brown rice, and watch the sodium among anything else. also, put the allergy stick in there because then they'll cook it in a separate wok and you don't have to worry about your food getting near anyone else's. i'd skip the roti bread though. i know its delicious, but you can go without it :) will power!
  • deborahkidd
    deborahkidd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just do some extra calorie burning and enjoy!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I LOVE FLAT TOP!! yum. I would just watch your portions and stick with your plan of veggies and protein. Maybe work out before or have a light lunch so you can squeeze the bread in!
  • michbiase
    Options
    Deborah - I like your attitude!!!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    If your going to add sauce you can ask them to dilute it with pineapple juice. It will keep the calories and sodium down and still give you a sweet taste

Really?? Where do I do that... when I give it to them?