Ideas for a low calorie yet filling lunch

Options
Place all your ideas/recipes here please.
It's only 12 in the afternoon here and I have already had more calories than I usually do at this time. Sadly most of that has been in my coffee (whole milk and sugar).
Thanks for the ideas.

Replies

• khanamura
    khanamura Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    soup = low calorie + filling
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love homemade salads... two cups of spinach, lots of crunch veggies (zucchini or yellow squash, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc) and a light or fat-free dressing. My fave right now is Annie's FatFree Mango Vinegarette--yum! If you'd got room for some extra cals, I crumble-up a piece of turkey bacon, too :) Even with the bacon, you're looking at maybe 100-125 cals.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Salad with lots of veggies and some skinless chicken with a vingerette dressing?

Or have a regular lunch and work out extra hard to earn the extra calories??
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I like to have a sandwich (whole or half) and lots of carrots, celery and cucumber.
  • andythorn1969
    Options
    2 small sliced of toast, tppoed with about 40g of philedelphia extra light betwwen them, slice a tomato on top, stick under grill for 5 mins and tht's about 200 cals.

Boomshanka,

Andy
  • sarahknelson
    Options
    I like my coffe too! I use fat free creamer, no-calorie sweetner, and skim milk, and it still tastes great!. I find that fruit is very filling! I also exercise a lot even when I'm just watching tv!
  • jdutmel
    jdutmel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Aunt Millies 5 grain bread is only 80 calories for 2 slices. Add some turkey for around 45 calories, lettuce and honey mustard. Then a pickle on the side.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I usually have soup and salad. Weight Watchers Smart Ones soup has between 60-90 cals per cup. Or flavored tuna on a wrap (about 200 cals).
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    eek! drinking your calories can be such a killer! Someone just told me about sara lee pita pockets (about 80 cals each). Stuff one of those with oodles of veggies and a little lean protein. I'm planning on having one for lunch on Sunday with some tuna, a bit of low-fat mayo, some mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc. The whole thing should come in at about 200-250 calories and is loaded with veggies and protein!
  • tarbinator
    Options
    How about a nice turkey sandwich, filled with lots of fresh veggies on two Orowheat Sandwich Thins? I love these thins. Two of them are only 100 cals!

Lisa

2201661.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Soup is a great suggestion, esp the lower cal brothy ones like chicken noodle or vegetable or vegetable beef...

Today I ate basically nuts for lunch.... mixed nuts for 260 cals and a peanut granola bar for 170...
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hey there. :)

I like to have big salads with lots of fresh "veggies"(technically fruits) such as cucumber, tomatoes and I really love red bell peppers. If you have calories through on some protein and it should be filling with a tall glass of water. Sometimes my salads stuff me but I use like 3 cups of spring mix lettuce.

I like turkey sandwiches too they are usually filling with some carrot sticks or something.
  • knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Lean sandwitches are great...like turkey on wheat. It doesn't make me feel that full, but around 1 or 2, if I can wait that long, I'll have a granola bar or something. I love my coffee too, but I drink mine black.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've started adding grapes to my lunch. They are packed with juice and are incredibly filling!!!
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My usual is either; tuna sandwich, turkey sandwich/wrap or homemade egg mcmuffin (no meat). I then will add veggies like carrot sticks and cucumber.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    a light soup (progresso) or a salad with some grilled chicken and a low cal dressing
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Also, when I pack a salad (which is almost every day) I try to add a meat to it to help keep me full longer. Here are a few ideas I do...

Ground Turkey with fat free sour cream, salsa, and chopped peppers and tomatoes
    1/2 a can of Tuna with fat free honey dijon dressing and 1 hard boiled egg
    flaked crab meat with honey dijon dressing
    grilled chicken with a fat free dressing and veggies
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I agree on the Tuna. I've started having mine with lime juice seasoning and just a touch of Italian or vinaigrette is wonderful and filling. Sure saves the Miracle Whip(can't stand mayo) calories.
  • momof3babes
    Options
    bump
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    All great suggestions. Going food shopping today.
    I've been doing a lot of spinach wraps with low cal cheese and lot's of hot sauce.
    Will have to try tuna. I have tons of tuna at home just never have any idea what to do with it.
    Thanks everyone.