New here-needing a lifestyle change

Options
I'm new to this, but I've been trying to lose weight for a few years. I'll stick to something for a few months, but then revert back to my old ways. I have very little willpower to push through. I've gotten to a point where I KNOW I have to do SOMETHING or else I might not be around a lot longer. I'm not saying I want to be stick thin, but I want to be healthy again. I'm hoping that with this tool and through PROPER diet and exercise I can FINALLY look myself in the mirror and be happy. That hasn't happened in a long time...

Good luck to all of you out there struggling just like me!

Replies

• NicholasMongold
    Options
    I'm new to this, but I've been trying to lose weight for a few years. I'll stick to something for a few months, but then revert back to my old ways. I have very little willpower to push through. I've gotten to a point where I KNOW I have to do SOMETHING or else I might not be around a lot longer. I'm not saying I want to be stick thin, but I want to be healthy again. I'm hoping that with this tool and through PROPER diet and exercise I can FINALLY look myself in the mirror and be happy. That hasn't happened in a long time...

Good luck to all of you out there struggling just like me!

Hello hun and welcome!
    How serious are you about sticking to it this time?
    I'd love to be there to support you!! :flowerforyou:
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I, too, spend many a years groaning about how I *needed* to start eating healthier and get in shape, only to turn around and go to Taco Night at the local bar. This website made a huge difference for me, because it changed my entire way of thinking. I don't feel deprived and hungry and cranky, instead I feel strong and empowered and in control of my body. I hope it works for you, too!

Let's kick some *kitten* together!

Best,
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good luck ... if you need friends feel free to add me. I too am making this a lifestyle and not a diet.
  • rsprinkle
    rsprinkle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose my pregnacy weight, my daughter is 3 so I know what it feels like to struggle with weight loss and not sticking with a certain plan, yesterday when I had totally blown my diet plan, I realized that I just need BALANCE. So that is my focus for right now and the rest of February, I don't need sugary foods every day but I can have them once a week or at special occasions, and I also need a balance in my exercise, so I hope this helps, aim for Balance!!!! in you mind, in your eating and exercise and in your soul too!!! God Bless!!!!!
  • abgoins512
    Options
    I am trying to lose my pregnacy weight, my daughter is 3 so I know what it feels like to struggle with weight loss and not sticking with a certain plan, yesterday when I had totally blown my diet plan, I realized that I just need BALANCE. So that is my focus for right now and the rest of February, I don't need sugary foods every day but I can have them once a week or at special occasions, and I also need a balance in my exercise, so I hope this helps, aim for Balance!!!! in you mind, in your eating and exercise and in your soul too!!! God Bless!!!!!

I'm in the same boat, girl!! My daughter is 4, so I know exactly what you're going through. I'm hoping that I can find balance with this. My biggest problem is I've been this way for so long, it's hard to change. But I have to stick to this! Special occassions are a good thing to use as your "cheat day". But with Valentine's Day next week, oh that's going to be hard! Lol. I hope you find the balance you're looking for! I'm rooting for you!!
  • abgoins512
    Options
    Good luck to you, too!
  • abgoins512
    Options
    I, too, spend many a years groaning about how I *needed* to start eating healthier and get in shape, only to turn around and go to Taco Night at the local bar. This website made a huge difference for me, because it changed my entire way of thinking. I don't feel deprived and hungry and cranky, instead I feel strong and empowered and in control of my body. I hope it works for you, too!

Let's kick some *kitten* together!

Best,

Haha, yes, lets! Good luck to you in your journey!!
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this site will help you! It is helping me be more accountable for what I put in my mouth and the encouragement from others pushes me to do my exercise every day. Welcome aboard!
  • k8tmama
    Options

I'm in the same boat, girl!! My daughter is 4, so I know exactly what you're going through. I'm hoping that I can find balance with this. My biggest problem is I've been this way for so long, it's hard to change. But I have to stick to this! Special occassions are a good thing to use as your "cheat day". But with Valentine's Day next week, oh that's going to be hard! Lol. I hope you find the balance you're looking for! I'm rooting for you!!

Yeah, I'm right there with you, too. My oldest is almost four and my youngest is two and a half. We can do it!!
  • hypnancy
    Options
    I know what you mean about sticking to it for a few months and then reverting. Not sure I can go beyond a few weeks! But I saw on your page that you have a really fun goal of being slimmer when you renew your vows! What a great way to have a kind of do-over in life! It got me thinking that I should create some occasion to be thinner for. Not sure what, though! But thanks for the thought! - Nancy
  • abgoins512
    Options
    Hopefully this site will help you! It is helping me be more accountable for what I put in my mouth and the encouragement from others pushes me to do my exercise every day. Welcome aboard!

Thanks!
  • abgoins512
    Options
    I know what you mean about sticking to it for a few months and then reverting. Not sure I can go beyond a few weeks! But I saw on your page that you have a really fun goal of being slimmer when you renew your vows! What a great way to have a kind of do-over in life! It got me thinking that I should create some occasion to be thinner for. Not sure what, though! But thanks for the thought! - Nancy

Thanks! It's definitely going to be a do-over, our wedding day was horrible! I should really go on one of those "Worst Day Ever" shows or something about it, lol!
    Even if it's a birthday party or a small gathering, anything can be a special occassion! You just have to stick to it! Good luck to you in your journey!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You can do it Amanda! We just have to hold each other accountable. I know just 1 day into this site knowing others see what I eat make me wanna stick to it.
  • abgoins512
    Options
    You can do it Amanda! We just have to hold each other accountable. I know just 1 day into this site knowing others see what I eat make me wanna stick to it.

Exactly! Good Luck, Mama!!