I know i should....

Options
I know i should be working harder but i am lacking in motivation and will power. I know im not seeing the results i want because im not putting much into it (im not gaining... but im also not loosing) I just cant seem to get into it again.

I dont know what happened when i first started losing weight in may 2009 i dropped like 40lbs in 5 months and i was on a role. i have kept it off and i lost a bit more gradually after that getting down to 155. since then i also put some back on gradually and now i have stayed at 165 for awhile now.

I know i only have my self to blame and my eating habits arent the best but overall i stay within my range. although i do have a problem with high sodium foods i noticed.

I try to exercise 2-3 times a week but im having trouble being consistant.

HELLLLP

Replies

• Jessicat9
    Jessicat9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What do you do excersise wise?
    When I'm struggling I usually start going to a high-intensity cardio class at my gym. That way someone else can motivate me for a bit. Also, ask a friend who likes to work out to come with you, that should help.

Unfortunately food-wise I am of no help, the only reason I've managed to loose any weight is through trying to balance what I eat with what I excersise. eg. Whoops ate a chocolate bar = 5k run!!
  • khanamura
    khanamura Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Want the best type of motivation? Go to your local recruiting office (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, or Air Force) and tell them you're interested in joining but are UNSURE, ask if you can participate in the PT sessions and that you need help with motivation, and they'll ring your *kitten*! Not literally, but they will motivate you and push you to help you see what your body can accomplish! (:
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I just looked through your food diary. I think all of the answers to your problems are there. There are a lot of days with large sections not entered and days that are entered are full of really unhealthy food. Your body is a machine and will only give you back what you put into it.

Have a look through your own food diary as though it's someone else's and tell yourself what you would tell that person they need to do to get back on track!

You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i know it is all on me. i just wish i could be as motivated as i used to be.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have trouble getting to the gym now that my husband and I are both in school and my gym doesn't have child care. On days I know I won't be able to go I try to do some Wii Fit or Just Dance while my kids take a nap. It's not my ideal workout, but something is better than nothing!

After looking through your food diary it looks like you eat a lot of processed food. This is definitely holding you back. Processed foods are full of sodium and sugar and chemicals that your body doesn't need. Start eating fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy, and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. This will help flush out all the toxins in your body from the processed food and will help you burn fat. Avoid all refined and added sugar in foods, and only consume natural sugars (from fruits and milk) in the morning for breakfast and after working out. Both those times are when you need to replenish the glycogen stores in your muscles. Eating sugar at other times will result in fat storage unless you're extremely active and the sugar is used for energy, but even then you won't be burning fat.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    i know it is all on me. i just wish i could be as motivated as i used to be.

And you've taken the most important step and are asking for help! Do you know how many people don't even do that??

Once you start giving your body proper fuel, it'll start responding the way you want it to.
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Motivation is not a constant thing. It comes and it goes. Don't be to hard on yourself. Do what you can to be healthy right now and I promise that your motivation will come back. Look for some inspiration. I love reading all the success stories on this site and looking at the before and after photos.
    When your motivation comes back, then you can give it all you've got and kick butt!