Looking for a Good Liquid Cleanse

Options
I have eaten a ton of sugar lately, nothing to make me go over my calorie intake, Im fine there. But I have eaten sugar daily and now it is all I think about, I want to get the sugar and sweets out of my system and I think a good three day to a week cleanse will jumpstart me back to feeling like I did before I started this sugar ordeal! Darn family keeps buying cakes and other sugary treats and sitting them on the counter..:grumble:

anyone else do a cleanse lately, or is there anyone who does a certain cleanse on a routine basis? has it helped you lose weight? has it gotten all the bad stuff outta your system effectively???

I am looking for a liquid one, i.e. a pre made shake or a powder that can be mixed with a liquid. I don't have the time or money to do a diet cleanse with special recipes or meal plans.

HELP!!! :smile:

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    A cleanse isnt gonna take stored carbohydrates out of your system. Exercise and not eating any more junk will.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    WATER!
  • chuckanderson
    Options
    Sorry kiddo, as someone who has cut into many a colon it's not gonna help. Your body does a pretty darn good job cleaning itself out and there's not much in there in a healthy person.

Willpower is all you need :) Stop eating that crap!
  • katzplay62
    Options
    Save your money. A "cleanse" is nothing of the sort. They're generally just a bunch of stuff that will make you poop.

What you want is probably more of a cold-turkey dropping of those bad carbs.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Water and non-processed food I'm afraid (lots of good fruit and veggies). No shortcuts as far as I can see :sad:

C
  • gcookiemonster
    Options
    It's not 100% liquid cleanse, but VERY close.... Gwyneth Paltrow's CLEAN diet allows you to have one very small regular meal (they are specifically planned out in the book) and the other two meals are liquid (usually a smoothie for breakfast or soup for lunch). The recipes are all in the book. I haven't tried it, but she looks great! If you do that, let me know how it goes!
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I agree, water. Don't fall for all those fad detox diets. They don't work!
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I cannot suggest a liquid cleanse, but if you eat plenty of organic raw fruits and vegetables, then your body will do the work.
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    Drink a Large Glass of ALOE VERA JUICE, I get it at Trader Joes
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Cleanses don't work and aren't necessary. Just drink at least 8 glasses of water and eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy. Stop eating processed foods and avoid all refined/added sugar.
  • GinaJ2006
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I've always been curious about the cleanses, but I was afraid of wasting my money. From these replies I am glad I never did.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well this is all good to know... I know a lot of people who have done the shakeology 3 day cleanse, and have had great success with it. lots lots of weight. so I was curious!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Going on a liquid diet period will make you lose weight, whether thats some special cleanse mix, shakes, water, juice etc... But you will gain whatever you lose right back once you start eating again.

I dont suggest cleanses for weight loss, but to cleanse your body of toxins... I have had some bowel issues (yea I said it) so that was my reason for cleansing, I had to try a couple to find one that worked for me (almost done with day 6 of 7) but I am still eating my calories etc.... while you're cleansing you are supposed to eat really clean so that you get the full benefit of a cleanse.

I must say, it has really helped me to get things moving, but any weight loss I am experiencing is from eating right and exercising 6 days a week.