HELP!! VALENTINES DAY DESSERT RECIPES!!

Options
OKAY SO EVERY YEAR I LIKE TO MAKE MY BOYS AND HUBBY A SPECIAL VALENTINES DAY DESSERT. BUT THIS YEAR I WANT IT TO BE HEALTHY BUT STILL KID FRIENDLY. ANY IDEAS ANYONE??

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    OUCH. IT IS GENERALLY THOUGHT THAT USING ALL CAPS ON FORUMS IS SIMILAR TO SHOUTING.

I DON'T KNOW ANY HEALTHY SUGARY TREATS. MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE WILL CHIME IN.
  • marysimmons
    marysimmons Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    lol sorry i love to use caps........
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    What about a parfait of a couple flavors of sugar free/fat free pudding, and get the fat free cool whip and a drop or two of food coloring to make it pink and do a layered dessert in a wine glass or other cute serving dish where they can see the layers?
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    wow... is it that serious ok so u used caps lock i love this to i didnt take ur post as screaming because it didnt seem as if u were fussing !!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I am making my man long stemmed dark chocolate covered strawberries...can't beat it!! I buy the Dove Promises dark chocolate squares...2 squares is enough to cover 5 strawberries, they are 42 calories a square and strawberries are roughly 8 calories each for the big ones. Pretty nice dessert and very sexy!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    bump. i would like to make something for my man too but he wont want to eat it by himself.
    ready to see some ideas rolling in!

although!
    a good Failsafe would be to go to the biggest loser website and look for the 100 calorie cupcake recipe. i know that instead of sugar it uses honey and to make the frosting they use rasberry puree. things like that. so it will have pnk frosting and you can put one of those silly valentines day hearts (you know QT PIE, Be MINE etc) on the top!

okay. i think i know what i'm doing.
  • precioustypeoflove
    Options
    What about a parfait of a couple flavors of sugar free/fat free pudding, and get the fat free cool whip and a drop or two of food coloring to make it pink and do a layered dessert in a wine glass or other cute serving dish where they can see the layers?

that sounds really cute
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    something with strawberries would be good!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    check out the hungry girl website,shes got a lot of great ideas, the only thing I don't like is her excessive use of artificial sweeteners. these would be cute for your Valentines:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1504
  • coffeekat02
    coffeekat02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I bake an Angel Food Cake in a 13 x 9 pan (it is non fat) spread fat free cool whip over, then add fresh sliced strawberries. If you want the strawberries to be a little sweeter then mix with some splenda, let sit in a bowl for 15 minutes then spread on top. Chill in fridge before serving : )
  • lucasdany
    lucasdany Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What about Angel cake with fat free or low cal cool whip.... stawberries and then maybe add some heart shape sprinkles!
  • yosyenid
    Options
    Chocolate covered strawberries never fails at my house.... but you can also try "Berries w/ Mascarpone Cheese & Meringue(1)" or a Chocolate Mousse(2)?

(1) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/berries-with-mascarpone-and-meringue-recipe/index.html

(2) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chocolate-mousse-recipe/index.html
  • vabheegaard
    Options
    From Cookinglight.com

Valentines is about chocolate and this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

These hot-from-the-oven desserts are ideal for a holiday celebration and can mostly be made up to two days ahead.

Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 cake)
    Ingredients
    3.4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
    2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
    5 teaspoons instant espresso powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
    2/3 cup granulated sugar
    2/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1 cup egg substitute
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 (2.6-ounce) bar dark (71% cocoa) chocolate (such as Valrhona Le Noir Amer), finely chopped
    2 tablespoons powdered sugar
    Preparation
    1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Sift together flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt.

2. Place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 1 minute. Add granulated and brown sugars, beating until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until well blended. Fold flour mixture into sugar mixture; fold in chocolate. Divide batter evenly among 10 (4-ounce) ramekins; arrange ramekins on a jelly-roll pan. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 2 days.

3. Preheat oven to 350°.

4. Let ramekins stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Uncover and bake at 350° for 21 minutes or until cakes are puffy and slightly crusty on top. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar; serve immediately.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    260 (28% from fat)
    Fat:
    8.2g (sat 4.5g,mono 2.3g,poly 0.2g)
    Protein:
    5.1g
    Carbohydrate:
    43.9g
    Fiber:
    1.8g
    Cholesterol:
    12mg
    Iron:
    2.3mg
    Sodium:
    189mg
    Calcium:
    63mg
  • precioustypeoflove
    Options
    hot fudge brownie sunday

PER SERVING (entire sundae): 190 calories, 2g fat, 116mg sodium, 41g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 27g sugars, 4g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 5*

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate... and MORE chocolate. AHHHHHHHH!

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup Breyers Double Churn Free French Chocolate fat-free ice cream
    2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
    1 tbsp. traditional fudge brownie mix
    2 tsp. Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup
    1 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1/2 tsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Original Egg Beaters)

Directions:
    Place brownie mix in a small microwave-safe dish (like a ramekin). Add egg substitute and 1/2 tsp. water, and mix well. Microwave for 45 seconds, and then let sit for 5 minutes. Then, use a fork to break it up and crumble into brownie bits (use your fingers, too -- just make sure your hands are clean!). Place ice cream in a dessert dish, and top with brownie bits. Set aside.

Place chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe dish, and cover with syrup. Microwave for 45 seconds, and then mix well. Pour sauce over the brownie bits and ice cream. Dig in!!!

MAKES 1 SERVING

HG Tip! Wondering what to do with the rest of your brownie mix? Make single-serving brownies by thoroughly mixing 2 tbsp. brownie mix with 1 tsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute and 1 tsp. water in a small dish and then microwaving for 1 minute. Let sit for 5 minutes, and then consume immediately! Your treat will contain around 106 calories, 2g fat, 22g carbs, and 1g fiber.

I Scream, You Scream! - Check out the first HG cookbook this instant for more dessert FUN! There are recipes for an Ice Creamless Banana Split (trust us... it's fantastic!) and Chocolate-Coated Mousse-Cream Cones (impossibly good!). There's the TOP ATE Toppings for Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Light Ice Cream... plus tons of ice cream shockers and more!

CHEW ON THIS:
    Saturday, July 26th, is National Coffee Milkshake Day. Celebrate with our 111-calorie Joe Cool Ice Cream Freeze! Yummmmm...

Hey you! These ice cream sundae recipes are TOO GOOD to keep to yourself. Click "send to a friend" NOW and share 'em with people you like!
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    II was thinking the same thing about the caps...who cares if she uses caps! lol
  • precioustypeoflove
    Options
    II was thinking the same thing about the caps...who cares if she uses caps! lol

exactly they have some weird people in the world so petty
  • marysimmons
    Options
    haha:laugh:
  • marysimmons
    Options
    sounds yummy and fun thanks
  • marysimmons
    Options
    love it!!!! thanks
  • fancy55
    fancy55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Always use applesause when making a cake instead of oil. And i found out how to make a cake into a heart. It is so simple . Just make i round one then cut it in half. Then make a square one place it like a diamond them put the two halves on the top. It is easy and a fun way to have a heart for Valentine's day