Zumba

Options
It's not in the database??
Does anyone know how many calories for low or high intensity

Replies

• HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I did zumba last night and burned about 500 calories in the 45 minute class. I was right into it as well, as intense as you can get doing zumba.
  • alysen2012
    Options
    You can add it in as a new entry. But best way to fine out how many calories you burn during Zumba is to get a HRM since everyone burns calories differently.
  • zumbaholic
    zumbaholic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much effort you put into it. My zumba instructor always starts the class by saying you burn anywhere from 400-800 calories. If you're one of those people that don't give it your all, you're probably on the low end of the calorie-burn. But if your a sweaty mess when you come out of there, and gave it your all, and spent a whole 60 minutes doing it, you likely burned a solid 600 calories. When I enter my zumba workouts into the database, I always put 600, cuz i'm a ZUMBAHOLIC!
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Depends on your weight and how intense you get. I would suggest getting a Heart Rate Monitor. They are not that expensive and you always know what you burn because every body is different.
  • zhillsgirl
    Options
    I count it as "low impact" aerobics... since I have to modify a little bit. I seems to be somewhat on track with the heart monitor my instructor uses during class, who also uses MFP. I burn on average about 1100 calories for 100 minutes. Enter it as high impact aerobics to give yourself an idea of what your burning. Hope this helps
  • chyleki
    Options
    I added to my exercise journal based on the DVDs that i was doing...it is so hard to guess because I am such an idiot when it come to figuring out how many calories you are burning. I know the Basic DVD it is like 200-500 calories and it is 55 minutes but the 20 minute cardio I have no clue because granted you are only doing it for 20 minutes but you are busting your butt for the full time! Let me know if you find out :)
  • chrissyhoys
    Options
    Thanks for all your help guys, I will add it as 500 to be in the middle and a good average