Logging Zumba

Options
I have Zumba now to do on my WII but I am not sure how to log my time in for my exercise... Suggestions? I don't want to give myself to many calories burned.

Replies

• iheartmemories
    Options
    Hmmmm I'm not sure...

I take a class at my gym and the instructor says that in one hour, you can lose 1,000 calories.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor is the only way to be sure :(
  • mkfehringer
    Options
    I had also found zumba online that said 1000 per hour. When I went to log it in, I figured I wasn't up to the total workout so calculated 600 cal. per hour or 100 per 10 min. since like you, I didn't want to overdo the calories burned. I'll be interested to see what others say as I'm new to zumba myself, but am loving the results.
  • chichibon
    chichibon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba on my Wii as well! What I do, but I'm not sure if it's accurate, but I use the score from Zumba and I also wear a heart rate monitor to track my heart rate and calories burned and add them together to get a Total.
  • hrbacon
    hrbacon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I add it into my exercise as dancing.
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    I log it as Aerobics High Impact. My instructor is pretty hard core, I think its a good number, but I gotta get a HR Monitor to be sure.
  • lilbitz82
    lilbitz82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I think I am going to get a heart monitor to be sure. Maybe they will add Zumba to the pull down of exercises:)
  • savagegirl
    savagegirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Does Zumba for the wii give a calorie estimate???