It's a start, but not the one I wanted.

Options
So I have been a member at myfitnesspal for a little over a week. I honestly had no idea how much I was overeating. That has been the big change for me. I've been exercising faithfully since last March with very little results. My philosophy was if I exercised it's okay eat whatever I wanted. YIKES. Now I am actually keeping my calories intake below what I burn.
So far I've lost 6 pounds, but it feels like it's all in my chest. I sure as hell don't need or want to lose weight there. It's been the one part of my body I've never had any complaints with. How do I stay motivated when I still have a fat belly, a wide butt and now no boobs?

Replies

• melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, you will still have boobs! Try to be patient as your body re-adjusts itself. I need to hear this too, I get so frustrated with my huge stomach!
  • nlewis22
    nlewis22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You lose weight from top to bottom, keep that in mind. Also, if you do some weight lifting for your pectorals ( boob muscles) that will help keep them perky, which will help them seem bigger. Good posture is a plus too, make sure you're doing some upper back weight lifting to keep your shoulders back and boobs up! Keep with it and eventually everything will even out. Good Luck!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating when the weight comes off the ONE place we dont want it too, but just keep working at it..you WILL eventually start losing other places, it might just take some time, be patient and dont give up!!! :)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I get frustrated with my huge stomach too. I've only lost 4.6 lbs since Jan 1 and have been working hard. No inches lost. It's hard but if you just keep up with it you're body will get used to the changes and you will see results. Once you get to your goal you will definitely be happy you continued. :)
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You do loose weight from your face and your boobs first and then your tummy and then your butt and thighs and lastly your arms.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    its only been a week! give it time, and stick to it!
  • pcmoore
    pcmoore Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I was an A cup before I got fat. Having boobs is the only good thing I've gotten from this! When I get this weight off I WILL find the money to treat myself to a nice new pair :) one's that are not looking at my feet...LOL

Stick with it, as much as I LOVE the idea of having boobs, I love the idea of being thin and healthy MUCH more!

Best of luck to you!
  • Sheryljohnston
    Options
    What do you do if you have been doing this a month and you haven't lost anything? Am very frustrated. Granted am just recovering from a major surgery in November and have had several infections to boot. But do not want to look like this or feel like this anymore. Frustrated
  • kimpaige12
    Options
    The first thing I lose is my BUTT! I don't even have a butt to start with. Keep in mind that women are genetically designed to carry weight in our tummys for the purpose of protecting and growing a child while they are in the whomb. So, that being said...that is the LAST place we lost our weight! Just stick to it. There is no such thing as target weight loss! I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble but the infomercials lied to us!! It will come off where it wants to come off but if you stick to it sooner or later your tummy and tush will start to shrink:) I like to do a lot of tummy workouts to at least tighten what won't shrink right away. I hope this keeps you motivated because you are doing GREAT!
  • TrudyMay
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the encouragement! That's really what sets this site apart from others. ::Sigh:: I am loosing my boobs, but eventually my waist will be smaller than my chest and that I could live with :bigsmile:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Stay with it, it will eventually even out.
    I have lost weight in my hips, butt, and
    neck and my waist is the same. So I
    have to focus on waist exercises.
    Be patient it will come around.
  • dnorthup
    dnorthup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. This is tough, and if we learn how to do it right, a life long journey. I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible about healthy foods and a healthy lifestyle. I think ultimately that's what we all want. The slim & fit bod that metamorphasizes from these practices will be a super bonus !! Don't give up !!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Your body decides where to lose fat from and at what rate, there's nothing you can do to convince it otherwise! So the only option left is to continue losing all the excess fat! When you have lost a considerable amount of fat, your body should even itself out in proportion regarding chest -> belly -> thigh whatever your concern is.

Keep with it and great job with your first 'real' week!! I was overeating by 200% of what I need per day, but that all changed once I started using this site. I love it!
  • hope_khm
    Options
    Celebrate your six pounds! That is fantastic. Remember that it goes on faster than it comes off. Eat LOTS of fruits, veggies, and follow the advice of TrainerRobin (my sister and on myfitnesspal) She just spent a week at my house and I've never eaten so much food and lost so much weight. 4 pounds.... walking 2 miles a day and eating like crazy all her healthy recipes. I'm not sure if you are unhappy about the amount of weight loss or loosing your boobs! Everything will balance out...be patient. Maybe take measurements and follow your progress that way. Hang in there, and be healthy!!!