Looking for female friends with goals of 5-15 lbs loss.

Options
Hi, I'm in need of more motivation and support from other "already light" ladies who don't have a lot of weight to lose. My goal is to drop 5-9 lbs and then focus on getting more toned. I would love to share and swap fitness and nutrition ideas. I currently do lots of Biggest Losers DVD ,Jillian Michaels, and cardio and need more tips on strength training to build muscles and trim down without bulking up. Please friend me!

Replies

• Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm also trying to lose my last 5 pounds ;) I'm currently doing the 30 day shred
  • allie_00
    Options
    Is the DVD as good as people say it is?! Mine is on the way. I do bootcamp regularly so I feel it can't possibly be any harder!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Well I am trying to lose the last 19 again - if that's close enough. I too love the BL DVDs...Last Chance, Power Sculpt, Cardio Max. 30 day shred--these are my indoor standbys. Also like to get out and walk/run when weather allows. (typically I get out 2-4 days a week)
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I added you...

Looking to lose 10 lbs. and tone up!

I started P90 this week and seeing results already!!
  • chrssyeldridge
    chrssyeldridge Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I added you as well. I really just try to watch my calories. Also trying to find a way to make cardio more intresting/ fun! I get bored too easy.
  • chantalicious
    Options
    I'm on the high end of this one with want to lose 15 more pounds I've already lost 7 but I could use the friends and the movtivation. Besides it's nice to see what you skinner girls are eating on a daily basis.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I too am in the same boat! I currently do Cross Fit, Zumba, Turbo Fire, Yoga and cardio and have 6 more pounds to go... :)
  • bex1013
    Options
    Hello there!

I'm on a mission to lose around 10 lbs. I'm all for sharing workout ideas and nutrition tips. I have done p90x for a long time and I'm looking for new DVDs. Hopefully we all can help each other out!
  • Becs_lil
    Options
    I want to lose 32lbs, but at the moment I'm aiming for 12lbs in the next 8 weeks, so could I join?
  • El_Mo
    El_Mo Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,

I am also in progress to reach the ultimate best)) But I would suggest to loose weight and get toned simultaneously)) It will save your time and make the road more enjoyable))

El
  • nikki2609
    Options
    hi, i am also looking to lose between 5-15lbs and need to tone up more than anything.
    I've just ordered 30 day shred and dreading it already! ;-)
  • jslane
    jslane Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've actually already lost the 15 lbs I put on after getting married, and am back to the weight I want to be (thanks largely in part to MFP). Now that I'm skinny again, ;) I want to tone-up! I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but I'd be happy for us to help motivate each other and swap suggestions. I actually just got a great deal on a fitness boot camp that I will attend two days a week for the first three weeks in March. I tried a free class, and I think it is definitely going to have me headed in the right direction. Normally I work out at home walking on an elliptical and doing work out shows on Discovery fit and health (formerly fit tv), such as Gilad's bodies in motion, Total body sculpt with Gilad, and some of the All-star Workouts ( my favorite is Kendal Hogan). I also have a few 10-minute Solutions DVDs, which are also really good!
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! I have another 6-7 pounds to lose now. And all the rest of you, feel free to add me as well!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Another DVD that really KICKS your A** is Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones!!

Man...she's TOUGH!! I would highly recommend!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Use the Search option in the message boards and type in 'relatively light trying to get leaner'. There is a very, very long and ongoing post that discusses the best way to do this. A lot of great information.

You won't bulk up lifting weights. You need lots of calories, protein and TESTOSTERONE to bulk up. Women bodybuilders take pills to get to where they are. It's even hard for men to bulk up. Think about how many hours a day bodybuilding men work out?

I use cardio to be able to eat more in a day (I'm at a 1250 calorie goal). I am waiting on P90X and will be getting started on some extreme strength training (and stretching and yoga, etc).
    I love Jillian Michaels NMTZ also. She works the entire body.

So if you are looking to tone up: back off the cardio and increase the weight lifting. More lean muscle mass means more fat burning throughout the day
  • MyViolet
    MyViolet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to lose 10 more and then to stay fit. I will send a friend request.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I think I'm within 10-15. I thought I could go down to 125, but I don't think I have 20 lbs of fat left. Losing another 10-15 and then toning would be perfect!

I'd love to hear what videos/games/exercises everyone is using to avoid plateauing. I'm using Wii Active 2, Zumba and lots of walking. I think I need some pilates or something, but I'm not that flexible or patient!
  • PepsiGal
    PepsiGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for your replies and friend requests. Looking forward to "getting" to know all of you and helping each other!
  • PepsiGal
    Options
    Another DVD that really KICKS your A** is Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones!!

Man...she's TOUGH!! I would highly recommend!

I love that DVD! It's part of my workout rotation.
  • PepsiGal
    Options
    I want to lose 32lbs, but at the moment I'm aiming for 12lbs in the next 8 weeks, so could I join?

Sure, you can join! I didn't mean to set an arbitrary weight range. Sending you a friend request.