New a desperate to lose weight

Options
Hello All, Newto the site, but not new to losing weight,but since giving up smoking have put on 3 stones now going to lose it and be fit like I used to be. The site has already opened my eyes in terms of what I eat and what I need to do.

Replies

• anniepants1
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP and CONGRATULATIONS on quiting smoking! I quit 24 years ago and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. That just proves that you have what it takes to reach your goal. This site will definitely keep you motivated.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Been there. When I quit smoking back in 1996 was when I really started gaining weight. Kudos to you for not waiting as long as I have to do something about it!
  • happie27
    happie27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am going to try and keep all food below 5g of fat, but was shocked to discover that my Oh So Simple, which I thought was healthy wasn't lol.I have a lot to learn.
  • happie27
    Options
    I lost 4 stones 3 years ago and am so disappointed that when I quit it piled back on, I don't seem to eat more,it seems my metobolic rate is slower ?
  • happie27
    Options
    and look at how well you are doing with yours Moosewizard WELL DONE
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Nicotine is a stimulant, so while smoking, things were sped up a bit. Now that it's gone, your metabolism is slower.
  • happie27
    Options
    In that case time to get it back to normal!!!!!!!!!!