Fitness "facebook" Newbie :)

Options
Just started myfitpal this week and it seems like a great and fun way to help me reach my goals. I've been pretty active most of my life until I hit 25. Now I can feel it catching up. I want to lose 10 Lbs by March 12th for a wedding and my 1st 5K in April. The biggest obstacles for me are finding the time to exercise during the work week (wk 8-5) (I love to sleep in !!) and eating enough of the right foods. (don't eat enough and not always great when I do) So I would Love support, tips, tricks, advice from anyone out there like me... :) Thx

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I like your title! I call this place my "dieter's myspace" :-P
  • serummel
    serummel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's funny!! I like your thinking...
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I used to say the same thing about exercise. Work 8-5 almost and hour away from home... Get home at 6... dinner... bath & bed time for my 2 year old. By then it's 8:30 - 9pm. Instead of continuing to use this excuse I decided to just do something I could do at home after my son went to sleep. So I bought EA Sports Active 2 for our PS3 (comes for the Wii and Xbox as well). My current level is about 30-40 minutes of exercise 4 nights a week. Comes with a built in heart rate monitor in one of the censors so I know exactly how many calories I've burned. It's only been 6 weeks for me, but it's make such a big difference. I'm down about 13lbs since the end of December. The little changes can add up to a big result over time! Just find something that you enjoy - and the works for you and you're more likely to stick with it!
    Good Luck!!!
  • serummel
    Options
    We have a PS3 & Wii! I'll look into that! Thx
  • Latinksmile
    Latinksmile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love to sleep too lol, but I was watching Biggest looser and realized that its a commitment that will give me a life times worth of benefits. I remind myself that there are people who workout at the gym at 630 everyday, why cant I?
    I also researched the closest gym to my job, and thanks to my new work out regime, I am on work on time all the time :)
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba for Wii, it's a lot of fun, and the time flies by... :) Good luck!
  • serummel
    Options
    So funny you sound just like me! I work an hour away from my home. But, I know if I get up early & go to the gym I will beat traffic & get to work on time, & probably w/ more energy!! There's a boot camp on Tuesday mornings 5:30 at my gym. I'm gonna try and make it next week... I'll let you know! :)
  • Latinksmile
    Latinksmile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yay :) You can do it :) Let me know how it all works out!