Best HRM Suggestions!

Options
Ok so currently I have a sportline HRM wrist watch, I like it, but I question its accuracy on the calorie count as it doesn't have a chest strap. I am thinking of purchasing one with a chest strap as I have read & heard those are more accurate. I am looking for suggestions on one's that will be comfortable and wont have the problem of the chest strap falling down constantly.

So which one's do you have? Like? Do not like?

Replies

• chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just read a blog on here from a trainer suggesting the Garmin 305! Its on sale at Walmart online right now. And yes, the chest strap ones are waaaay better.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I love it.
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a EKHO fit 19. I bought it yesterday, so far I like it.
  • santoshrane
    Options
    I am a handheld geek.

I use Run.gps software and i have a zephyr HRM running on a Andriod Phone.

Benifits than the watch ones? Its got bigger screen + you can custom the screen. eg: I use one when i go cycling where only required data is displayed. While when i do indoor training. data llike speed, distance is not shown.

It uploads directly to their community and you can share on FB or other social sites. And you can send your cycling or outdoor runnin data to a friend and he can google map it to follow u if u wish :)

Its affordable too.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    I have a timex zone trainer great little watch works better than my polar did but the calorie count is way high I estimate, after lots of reseach thats its off by 40 to 50 %..... so maybe save your money. if the heart beat is right (you can check by counting) go on a few online calorie burned sites and than average it out. None of them are perfect Just a money saving thought.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have Polar FT4. I works great. I just needed one to track calories and it does that just fine. If you want one that you can track your progress online or have it tell you how far you ran then you may want to get a differnt model of Polar.
  • AshAmzing
    Options
    I have a pink Polar F6 and LOVE it. Check out what's offered at your local exchange in the sporting section. That's where I got mine minus the tax :)