My Coworker is lying to MyFitnessPal

Options
What should I do ... should I confront him?
He seems to think that he can eat 1/2 of a large Breakfast Pizza, a bucket of Yogurt with a half a box of granola mixed in, a full lunch with spinach and something, a Cliff Bar, a Whole Wheat bagel which could be used as a tire in a dire emergency, who knows what he is going to put in his feed bag for dinner, and somehow says that his projection says he is going to lose a pound if he eats like this everyday ....

Replies

• xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it doesn't involve you so there's no point in confronting him. If he wants to lie to HIMSELF that's his choice but he won't see the results he wants.
  • nitin_shenoy
    Options
    I think you should confront this idiot!...I mean, you seem to have quite the ripped body! so whatever you're doing is working!
  • alex51026
    Options
    They can lie to the computer, but they can't lie to their body! Self-esteem/self-image issues.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Geeze....now I'm hungry :(
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If he asks for your opinion on why he's not losing weight then I think you should be honest with him but beyond that it's not your problem. Sure the MFP program says he'll weight a certain amount in 5 weeks but if that's how he's really eating then it won't happen. He'll learn....someday.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    one thing I have learned from trying to help my Grandma- it doesn't matter what anyone else says, until the person that needs to change wants to make a change or wants help all it does is cause friction that doesn't help anyone any ways. So I say leave it alone and know that what you are doing to change your life is great and if this person every asks for help, willingly and kindly provide it.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    ..ahah... poor guy. Id ask him if he thinks those choices are healthy, despite what MFP says..
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Pointless confrontation I think.

If people want to fool themselves they will find a way. He's obviously not ready. Just do what works for you and leave him to make his own experiences.
  • vikeschick42
    Options
    I'd stay out of it, it has nothing to do with you.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't see you gaining anything by confronting him. He'll figure out that it isn't working when the scale doesn't cooperate! Then maybe he'll say something like, "I don't get it..." and THEN you can offer your point of view.

Just my opinion.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    He's only cheating himself, well, and those that he then tells about this and that it didn't work for him.

I measure everything, I have to to be accountable because I feel that I'm the only one I'm cheating if I fail to track everything accurately. I've been there done that, 6 months with a nutritionist and now I'm almost back to the weight I was when I started with her, being accountable here and tracking everything, knowing that I"m going to track that chocolate bar if I have it, it's helped.

But do it for you, if you don't like the "cheating" don't share MFP stuff with them, just do what you need to for you.
  • hlgehman
    hlgehman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would honestly let it go, it is himself and only himself he is cheating.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    What's a breakfast pizza?

Do I want to google that or will I be really hungry??
  • NZGeekGirl
    Options
    I agree with the others who have said just leave it, if he's not ready to get serious he's not ready. You can talk to people until you're blue in the face but if they won't listen they just won't listen. Concentrate on you instead and keep up what is working for you! :happy:
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    This is just too funny. And I bet this co-worker asks why the weight isn't coming off in a few weeks! Just hang in there, if he/she asks YOU for an opinion, give it. Otherwise, they are only lying to themselves and the scale will not let this continue for long...you know what to do so just keep on being a great example!

Good luck!
  • McKenzie155
    Options
    yeah who cares what he does? its not like he has a picture of Tony Horton as his profile picture!
  • Bratkins
    Options
    It is best to let people fall on their own face with their choices. I just usually watch and observe people. He will probably ask your opinion at some point, and you can tell him then. That is just me though. :)
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    You know, it's probably not really anybody's business on here. It's one of those sensitive issues you might feel bad about posting publicly online, later. My honest opinion is to talk to him gently at some point.... Say that you happen to notice that he's not really eating like a health-conscious person should. And give him some pointers. Maybe grab some meals out with him and make it a supported effort. :)
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    you seem to have quite the ripped body! so whatever you're doing is working!
    I think his profile pic is of Tony Horton! :tongue:
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    one thing I have learned from trying to help my Grandma- it doesn't matter what anyone else says, until the person that needs to change wants to make a change or wants help all it does is cause friction that doesn't help anyone any ways. So I say leave it alone and know that what you are doing to change your life is great and if this person every asks for help, willingly and kindly provide it.

This!