hungry all the time

Options
Okay I have been on mfp for awhile i just lose interest all the time. So now I have been going to the gym every day and trying to eat healthy since the beginning of the year.

However, I find it really difficult to stay on track as I feel hungry all the time? If anyone has any suggestions great I would love to hear them.

I also decided to start posting and just maybe someone would hold me accountable:noway:

Replies

• ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    be careful what you are eating. when i started i was eating "healthy" things that were pretty much just carbs that left me feeling very very hungry all the time... then of course I would eat more and then I would feel guilty. Bad cycle!

If you open your food log up to the public I would be happy to give further advise on what you might be missing out on.

Good Luck

Or I saw you were looking for a "partner in crime" I would be happy to help you out.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    are you eating 6 small meals a day? Sometimes that can help, especially if they are not full of sugar and processed carbs. Stick to lean protein and veggies for the most part.
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    Track your food and exercise, if possible. Always check to make sure your net calories are at 1200+. It will show you at the top of your page if you log your food and exercise.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    be careful what you are eating. when i started i was eating "healthy" things that were pretty much just carbs that left me feeling very very hungry all the time... then of course I would eat more and then I would feel guilty. Bad cycle!

If you open your food log up to the public I would be happy to give further advise on what you might be missing out on.

Good Luck

Boy! you nailed it on the head---this is actually very true!!!! its not just you.....its the reason why I won't eat that carby crap anymore.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I try to eat something about 90 minutes before I work out and make sure I'm drinking a TON of water before as well as during.

During the winter months when there's a ton of candy/cookies/goodies, I make myself sugar free hot cocoa and that really helps me feel like i'm getting a treat.
  • AkBUTLER
    Options
    Track your food and exercise, if possible. Always check to make sure your net calories are at 1200+. It will show you at the top of your page if you log your food and exercise.

For example my daily goal is 1450. I burned a total of 407 at the gym today. Ive already planned out my meals for the day and my total jumped up to 1631, with a remainder of 226. Therefore making my net calories 1224 for the day. (1631- total food I ate minus 407- exercise calories = 1224) It took me awhile to understand this! I explained it the best way I could!!
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I started here almost two weeks ago, and have been eating more protein than I usually do. For example, when I eat oatmeal for breakfast, I am starving by 10:00. Now I eat eggs, 1/2 cup beans and maybe some yogurt. I also plump it up with lots of sauted veggies and maybe a tiny bit of a strong cheese like parmesan or feta. This has made a HUGE difference. Somedays I will
    realize I am hungry and I am shocked to see it is 1:00 or 2:00! I have never believed in Atkins or anything that is extreme, but for me cutting out simple carbs has made a huge difference.

Try it for a day or two and see how you feel. It may take some experimenting, but you will find what works for you.
  • heinze57
    Options
    Okay let me see if I understand this. My net calories is 1500. I have my meals planned according to this. Lets use yesterday for instance I ate 1410 in calories but burned 770 in calories so what should how much should of I ate
  • heinze57
    Options

Good Luck

Or I saw you were looking for a "partner in crime" I would be happy to help you out.

I added you as a friend and made my diary so my friends could see
  • AkBUTLER
    Options
    Okay let me see if I understand this. My net calories is 1500. I have my meals planned according to this. Lets use yesterday for instance I ate 1410 in calories but burned 770 in calories so what should how much should of I ate

If you ate a total of 1410 calories and burned 770 calories that would leave you with 640 calories for the entire day. In order for your net calories to be at 1500 you would need to eat 858 more calories. I only eat half of my exercise calories back though. I know it sounds confusing. i am trying my best to explain it!!
  • heinze57
    Options

If you ate a total of 1410 calories and burned 770 calories that would leave you with 640 calories for the entire day. In order for your net calories to be at 1500 you would need to eat 858 more calories. I only eat half of my exercise calories back though. I know it sounds confusing. i am trying my best to explain it!!

Okay so I would have to eat more than what I have been eating when I work out. That means I would be eating two dinners at 8pm because I work out around 5
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I was just saying the same thing but I think mine is more like a habit. I got a full fringe with lots of food demons in it. Maybe you could blend up smoothie drink with real fruit and a hint of your favorite veg. I got celery sticks to munch on when i'm bored.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Try to eat a protein and a fiber with every meal and snack. These digest more slowly keeping you feeling satisfied longer.