My Coworker is lying to MyFitnessPal

Options
2»

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Hmmm It's really none of your business to confront him.

He's only lying to himself, who cares if he lies to MFP. Eventually he will realize he is not truly being realistic but until then, all you would most likely do by confronting him is offend him...
  • neebelung
    Options
    In my opinion, it doesn't involve you so there's no point in confronting him. If he wants to lie to HIMSELF that's his choice but he won't see the results he wants.

Exactly. He knows in his heart he's not being honest, not with MFP, but with himself. If he's not dedicated to his own health, there's nothing you can do about it. You can lead a horse to water........
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    But out, advice not asked for is advice wasted.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I think you should confront this idiot!...I mean, you seem to have quite the ripped body! so whatever you're doing is working!

LOL, that's Tony Horton in the avatar.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Seriously- butt out. MYOB. It doesnt affect you. If he whines and complains to you, say something like "maybe you should double check to make sure your portions are right" but for reals, no one asked for your help or in put- keep it to yourself.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Im wondering if you and your co worker are friends on here.. If so.. they may know how you feel now!! LOL ...
    If not.. I agree .. stay out of it unless they ask for your advice!!
  • Charrisse
    Options
    LOL denial! Well, he will be the one to post on here eventually wonder why he is gaining not losing, and when he does, you can kindly point out what you are seeing and possibly offer to show him the correct way to log calories.

Meanwhile, if he isnt asking, I wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole. Of course, this is coming from a woman, and we dont typically take lightly to any comments regarding weight, food, etc etc unless asked, and even then, tread lightly! HAH

Or if you see him chow hounding, maybe you can casually say, How many calories are in that bucket of yogurt? I would love to know your secret of staying in your caloric goals! LOL

Eh, I dont know. Maybe just keep quiet.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    LOL thats a picture of Tony Horton the person who developed P90x... Thats why he is so ripped!
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    Unless he comes to you for advice, I wouldn't give him any.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    But I do agree he lie to himself and MFP all he wants the only one he is hurting is himself.
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    He is only lieing to himself. I would kill for a freakin sesamie bagel with a ton of chive cream cheese now haha.
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    This is the funniest post I ever read!
  • ddixon03
    Options
    If you consider this coworker a friend, then call him on it. If this guy is really trying to reach his goals, and you are in the kind of shape that you are in, then you call him on it. He probably looks up to you. You're his role model. As a matter of fact Tlaney, you serve as a role model of fitness to everyone. Take the time out and have a one on one with your pal, by calling him on it.

Now, if you don't consider this coworker a friend or don't know him too well, then mind your own business.

That's my 2 cents.
  • lolw811
    lolw811 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    He has probably got his settings on gain 2lbs per week by accident, i'd check with him on that
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    You don't have to confront him. The scale will tell him everything he needs to know.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I wasted my time reading this post.....ugh