can we log using vibroplates as excercise?

Options
I got a vibroplate this eveing but don't see the amount of calories I burn if any. I'd get very grateful if anyone could advise me?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    might I Ask what a vibroplate is
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    do you have a heart rate monitor? That would be my best guess is to wear that and see if it registers
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I'm picturing you at dinner with a plate of "dancing" broccli. Tee hee hee.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    It makes you eat less cause you work harder to get food on fork! Hahahah!
  • K80C
    K80C Posts: 6
    Options
    It is a vibrating plate that you stand on, sit on and various other things..... Apparently it is really effective. I did it a few times and it makes you ache, even though you don't really move.....
  • supernovadark
    Options
    I just googled "vibroplate"... WTF!?!
  • dete101
    Options
    actually good question cos I have a vibroplate and if I use it regularly I really notice a difference!!!! I tend then not to use it as I can't seem to find any sciencific evidence to see if it actually works lol!!! Wonder how you could find out????? maybe contact the supplier??? I'll have a little look about as well see if I can find any info.....
  • supernovadark
    Options
    It makes you eat less cause you work harder to get food on fork! Hahahah!

LOL
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just drive down a bumpy road.
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I'm interested in hearing what people say on this because doesn't it just throw your muscles into a spasm to work them? Therefore its technically not "exercise" - physical activity working the muscles and raising the heart rate to burn calories?

Don't get me wrong, I've heard they produce results and would love to try one out. Do you incorporate exercise into your routine as well as using the vibroplate?
  • carmelmin
    carmelmin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    no Martina,I have one,it doesnt burn calories,but it helps to tone you,also i beleive it helps with circulation,and helps to boost matabolism..hope that helps:)
  • dungardove
    Options
    Ha ha, thanks for comments everyone. There is so much hype about them at the moment, I rented one for a week. It sounds good ok but it's supposed to be an excercise device!!! You have to stand on the vibro plate and the vibrations transfer through the muscles in your entire body. The Vibration plate causes your muscles to contract involuntarily to ensure stability and balance. These contractions cause your muscles to tone, strengthen and burn fat. ALLEGEDLY ;)