Kind of frustrated

Options
So I guess I had a cheat day yesterday. I knew I was going out to eat (fast food unfortunately) with my work for lunch. So I planned out my breakfast and dinner because I knew how bad the fast food would be. I ordered a chicken salad and water. By the end of the day, I was right at my target caloric intake for the day. So I wake up this morning and weigh myself out of curiousity. I gained 3 pounds! Almost all the weight that I have lost so far, I gained right back! I don't know if it's just a fluctuation, or perhaps the other weight was water weight, and now this is my true weight. I won't give up or anything, I just wanted to vent to someone. Just frustrates me, that's all. :frown:

Replies

• Beth082485
    Options
    So I guess I had a cheat day yesterday. I knew I was going out to eat (fast food unfortunately) with my work for lunch. So I planned out my breakfast and dinner because I knew how bad the fast food would be. I ordered a chicken salad and water. By the end of the day, I was right at my target caloric intake for the day. So I wake up this morning and weigh myself out of curiousity. I gained 3 pounds! Almost all the weight that I have lost so far, I gained right back! I don't know if it's just a fluctuation, or perhaps the other weight was water weight, and now this is my true weight. I won't give up or anything, I just wanted to vent to someone. Just frustrates me, that's all. :frown:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Really wanna know what it is? This is going to be graphic.

Water

and

Poopsie

Seriously :bigsmile: Your food has weight. Until it all exits your body, it's in there, taking up space, and weighing 3 lbs. If you were to tinkle out all your excess water, and fully evacuate your bowels, that would be your true bodyweight. But most of the time, there's food in there, even in the AM.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Don't panic! It could just be water weight. I fluctuate a lot when I have salty meals. It will be fine - just drink a ton of water today to get it out of your system.
  • Melannie
    Melannie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you are feeling!!!! I go on the scale almost everyday and it is driving me crazy:noway: I have realized that if I am going to weigh myself it should be once a week, so I will see more of a difference. You can't think of yourself as being "bad" for having a little cheat now and then. I have to commend you for not piggy out on the fast food, like I would have. You made the right choice in just the salad. I understand it is frustrating and I am here to talk if you need to!

Melannie :flowerforyou:
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I kind of gave up on the whole "weighing in" thing. I go off of how I feel and how my clothes fit. That alone can tell you alot more than a scale. I find that even though my clothes become loose on me, I go on the scale and it shows I haven't lost any weight or even gain some.......but it is obvious I am losing inches!!! With that said, I would get depressed and give up. SO...I hid the scale and when I really FEEL like Ive lost some weight, then I will pull it out and see the results....which could be a month or so.

Lots of Luck!!!!!
  • kewlmama
    Options
    don't feel bad...i've been so good watching what i eat and exercising everyday for the past week...got onthe scale this morning and haven't lost a pound...im sooo frustrated....i also won't give up ...just wanted to vent also....so hang in there..its not just you :flowerforyou:
  • Beth082485
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and motivation! It really means alot :smile: