Help With Dinner- What Else With Stir-Fry?

Options
ebgbjo
ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
I have a package of beef round of stir-frying strips and was just going to toss in some peppers and onions (though I had some asparagus but do not :( ) but not sure what seasoning/sauces I can use to make the stir fry a little better. I have chopped mustard greens, but have never had them or cooked them, not even sure why I bought them. Would they be good in the stir fry?

Also, anything else I could cook along with the meal?

Thank you

Replies

• kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I had chicken stir fry last night and I made brown rice with mine.
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Throw in some onions or green onions for some flavor, maybe some garlic. The mustard greens would be good in there. Pretty much anything goes in a stirfry.

For sauce, I make my own teriyaki sauce, but it has a lot of sugar in it. I need to create a version w/ less sugar, I think. You can add low sodium soy sauce, and then add a mixture of 1tsp corn starch to 2 tsp water to thicken the sauce.

Serve with some rice and stir frys are great on their own.
  • tulaniq
    tulaniq Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would definitely put the mustard greens in! They're a more durable green, like kale or collards so they may take a little bit to cook compared to peppers (unless you like your peppers really well done) so maybe throw them in first for a bit or even steam them til they're almost done, then put them in with the other stuff...as far as seasonings go my stir-fry go to is sriracha (a spicy chili sauce) and/or soy sauce.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I usually put my stir-fry over quinoa.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Snow peas, Capsicum, Mushrooms, whole baby corn spears, cauliflower and broccoli (break into small flowerets) bok choy or pak choy, carrots (thin batons), chilli sauce, soy sauce or ketjap manis (yummo) and serve with brown rice.

I have this with approx 500gms of medium sized prawns, it feeds 2 then we always have leftovers
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    I just made stir-fry the other night! I used shrimp with broccoli, snow peas, water chestnuts, baby corn and bamboo shoots! I also sometimes put peppers in them!

LOVE stir-fry... could eat it every night! haha
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Definitely garlic! Add any veggies you have, mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, pea pods, corn, anything! As far as seasoning goes, I've tossed my stir fry with a bit of sweet and sour (which is awesome) and I've also mixed in a packet of italian dressing mix (sounds weird,... makes AMAZING fajitas and would probably work for stir fry too). Teriyaki is always good too!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i throw in mushrooms, onions, green peppers, cut up some zucchini, some carrots , tomatoes or tomato chunks, and some rice, then i put spices on, like garlic, black pepper, and I put in some vegan chicken or vegan beef crumbles or vegan beef strips, and tofu is also good. its great.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Cabbage! Garlic! Crushed pepper flakes (if you like spicy)! Frozen veggies! Zucchini!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I made stir fry tonight..chicken, broccoli, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and onions. I usually put baby corn but I forgot to pick that up.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone