blah days

Options
I get severely moody, depressive and just funky at my TOM. I just want to eat, yell and cry. I feel terrible about myself.

Today is one of those days. I honestly feel like the biggest ugliest loser on the planet. Blah.

Tomorrow I will feel fine.

But for today...I want to just lay in my bed and shut out the world.

Anyone else deal with this? Is there a magic solution?

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No magic solution as far as I know. (Although ranting on MFP helps!)

Hope you feel better soon!

*EDIT*
    I meant to also say that exercise helps if you can bring yourself to do it... it'll at least pass the time, and I usually feel much better after exercising than I did before. :flowerforyou:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    No magic solution, but for me it helps to focus on the protein, avoid those sugar cravings (they just make me feel worse), drink lots of water, and try to do some exercise. I can't usually do my normal workouts because I get very weak during that time, but light cardio helps boost my mood and makes me feel better all over. Take care.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat today. Plus its rainy and gloomy out today so its just all blah. I just overdose on caffeine, that seems to make my mood improve if nothing else. *laugh*

Tomorrow will be a better day. Chin up! :)
  • mreinoso
    Options
    I feel your pain!
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    If you just want to lay in bed and do nothing, just lay in bed and do nothing. Depending on what other stress I'm under around my TOM, my cramping gets worse. I take prescription pain pills for it. So, I basically stay in a comatosed state for 2-3 days and that's the only way I can get through it.

When it comes to eating, have a little bit of whatever it is that you're craving ("good" or "bad"). Just make sure to measure it out, then, put the rest of it away and just eat the little portion you've allowed yourself. Drink as much water as you can. This one's difficult for me since this is the time I need it the most and just the thought of drinking anything makes me sick.

In the end, just know it's temporary and you'll be better soon.

Good luck!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It's okay! It's the hard days that make the good days worth while :)
  • imagineaballoon
    Options
    I actually JUST wrote a blog post about this very thing last night. Maybe it will help you know you're not the only one. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/imagineaballoon/view/a-major-case-of-the-blah-s-70395
  • leslie4health
    leslie4health Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been dealing with that for years when its TOM. I know what you're going through....trust me. I try to work out when I feel that way, even if I really really don't want to. It does help get your mind off feeling so bad. If I don't have much energy I just walk on the treadmill for a while. I hope your day gets better! :flowerforyou:
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *L* sounds like my blog post for today too *LOL*

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShellyMacchi
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    I must have the male version today. Hugg
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I too have horrible mood swings around (well right before) my TOM. I HATE it. I have to try VERY hard just to be nice, but usually it doesn't work. :frown: I also want to eat everything in site. The really horrible thing is that I had an extra TOM this month!! WTF?!?!?! It sure hasn't helped my calorie counting! Thankfully I don't get cramps, so I guess I should take some of this advise and exercise. I'm sure that would help. I actually found a supplement after a lot of research that I'm going to try - here is the link - http://www.amazon.com/New-Chapter-Supercritical-Stress-Advantage/dp/B0001TP9MO/ref=sr_1_39?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1297441353&sr=1-39 - read the reviews! Sounds kind of promising.

Anyway, just wanted to say I feel ya! You aren't alone. :flowerforyou:
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't need TOM to have these kinds of days. This week has been my blah week. :cry: I have not been able to turn it around yet, but hey I cannot and will not to surrender to it. :noway: