Your MFP Inspiration

Options
sillygoose1977
sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
It's time to give credit where credit is due. Who is your MFP inspiration? I have sevaral but one of my biggest is trisha329. She is always encouraging. I get so much positive energy from her (as much as you can get online :tongue: ) Trisha always has a good word or two for all of her friends. She has done such a fantastic job reaching her goal and continuing on.

With all the negativity and b****ing that I've been noticing on this site lately, I thought it would be nice to say a kind word. Who is your MFP inspiration?

Thanks Trisha :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    It's time to give credit where credit is due. Who is your MFP inspiration? I have sevaral but one of my biggest is trisha329. She is always encouraging. I get so much positive energy from her (as much as you can get online :tongue: ) Trisha always has a good word or two for all of her friends. She has done such a fantastic job reaching her goal and continuing on.

With all the negativity and b****ing that I've been noticing on this site lately, I thought it would be nice to say a kind word. Who is your MFP inspiration?

Thanks Trisha :flowerforyou:

That's awesome of you...and yes! Trisha329 is awesome! Always positive words from her!
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    without a doubt mine is strongheart! She sent me emails when I was off here for a week and got me to come back and I will be forever grateful for that :heart:
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, ladies! I just happened to click on this post and saw what you both wrote -- how incredibly sweet!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    And just for the record...I can't choose just one or two people who are my inspiration! All of my friends are so inspiring to me. You each bring something to the table, and collectively, that's what keeps me going! Thank you to all of my wonderful friends!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Jourdan_Rystrom
    shreddingit
    erickirb
    murf19

they are all so active on the site and informed with what they are doing.
    they have done so well and i just love going to them for tips on food or training.

i stalk the posts that they reply on b/c i like to get good info from them.

plus they all look so fantastic and it makes me go "me too me too!!"
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    mIne is actually someone I inspired to come to this site after I lost 18 pounds using it. My real life friend prototype!

when I see her working hard it motivates me to get off the couch and on the treadmill. She's so excited about the site because it actually works for her, and her excitement is infectious. I'm scared to eat bad because she checks my numbers and weigh ins, and since she's working hard and doing good, I dont want to let her down by MY numbers slipping. plus it's nice to have someone you actually know outside of the Internet to talk to about calories and stuff. My fiancé thinks I'm obsessed and doesn't like all my calorie talk and checking the site on my phone at restaurants to look up calories before I order. It's nice to have someone who can relate.

so I salute you prototype. I may have inspired you to join, but you inspire me to carry on, keep it goin, and not fall off
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Wow. There are a ton of them for me. However, because of my status as an aspiring triathlete, I am very inspired by those who have already completed one (or more). Specifically, from my friend list, LMac423, jessmomof3, backinthenines, areay22 and mboone4541. I also am inspired by those who are always burning tons of calories and have great attitudes: kerriBB37, jjeckels, TrainerRobin and HollyMac20.

Those are just a few that jump to mind, but really, everyone on my friend list - and this site - is an inspiration to me. If you are on my friend list and I didn't mention you, please don't take it personally. I still love and appreciate you all!!!!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Wow. There are a ton of them for me. However, because of my status as an aspiring triathlete, I am very inspired by those who have already completed one (or more). Specifically, from my friend list, LMac423, jessmomof3, backinthenines, areay22 and mboone4541. I also am inspired by those who are always burning tons of calories and have great attitudes: kerriBB37, jjeckels, TrainerRobin and HollyMac20.

Those are just a few that jump to mind, but really, everyone on my friend list - and this site - is an inspiration to me. If you are on my friend list and I didn't mention you, please don't take it personally. I still love and appreciate you all!!!!

yes i feel the same way. i mentioned in a post earlier how i had actually joined this site last year and didnt get anywhere becuase i didnt think that i needed to be friedns with strangers, but not having the extra support i lost my motivation and got out of the habit of getting online for it so when i cam back in october nice and serious i went all out and it's been working. it's great having people to cheer on your accomplishments!

having friends on here is so helpful and everyone is so supportive. i'm not saying "i couldnt have done it with out them" but i am saying "i might not have"
  • prototype
    prototype Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    mIne is actually someone I inspired to come to this site after I lost 18 pounds using it. My real life friend prototype!

when I see her working hard it motivates me to get off the couch and on the treadmill. She's so excited about the site because it actually works for her, and her excitement is infectious. I'm scared to eat bad because she checks my numbers and weigh ins, and since she's working hard and doing good, I dont want to let her down by MY numbers slipping. plus it's nice to have someone you actually know outside of the Internet to talk to about calories and stuff. My fiancé thinks I'm obsessed and doesn't like all my calorie talk and checking the site on my phone at restaurants to look up calories before I order. It's nice to have someone who can relate.

so I salute you prototype. I may have inspired you to join, but you inspire me to carry on, keep it goin, and not fall off

OMG! I don't know what to say... I'm seriously crying tears of joy. I came in here to say how YOU are my inspiration. I was at a loss of words when I read this. I had to take a moment.

Thank you so much Hovie! *hugs* You are my inspiration because you were so eager to share this with me. You didn't judge , you didn't push ... you gave me the info and told me how it worked for you. Once I was ready I went for it... and I was so happy you opened up to me about it! This site makes something that seemed impossible for me become POSSIBLE. I move on each day to make me healthy... but I am able to do it because you gave the the gift of KNOWLEDGE. You helped me find a place that is literally changing my life. Best. Gift. Ever. I am more grateful and thankful than you know and than I can express thorough these fonts. Thank you! *hugs* *fights back tears* *fails*
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    So much love! It's great!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    There are so many who inspire me every day. Some with their successes, some with their failures, many with their courage to face much bigger obstacles than I have to deal with.

Road Dog and Binary Jester always have a witty comeback and remind me not to take all this TOO seriously.
    Anubis is just one cool dude - lots of attitude and amazing weight loss.
    Accountant Boi is smarter than a whip and very eloquent - he's explained nutritional topics to more people than I can count. And he's absolutely devoted to clean eating - I'm nowhere near as disciplined, but I'd like to be!
    Azdak and Banks are always willing to share their education and personal experiences in health and nutrition to anyone who will listen.
    But hands down, the person who just makes my jaw drop is Tami Shumate. From her astounding weight loss to her appearance on the Today Show to tell her story, she's always gracious and generous.

This is a great group of folks all around - everybody's a winner!
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! What a great post! I have only been on MFP for about 3 weeks, and I try really hard to be brief with my time on here, as I could easily spend all day on the site and I have a sweet little 15 month old that needs my attention! I asked you, Sillygoose, to be my friend because I liked some of your post and you reminded me of myself. However, I don't have many MFP friends. I have a couple that are supportive, but I kind of wish I had more. :cry: I guess in order to do that I need to be more active and reply to topics more often! I have never even been on Facebook (I know - I must be some kind of freak!) so I am kind of new to this social networking thing!

SOOOOO.......if anyone would like to INSPIRE me by adding me as a friend, please feel free to do so! :smile:
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I don't really know anyone on here yet, but I will say, when I see the success stories and pictures posted I am overwhelmingly inspired. Some of these peeps have lost incredible amounts of weight and not only is that very hard, but it's also very brave. So kudos to all of them for being willing to inspire others.
  • honey3994
    Options
    You are all my inspiration The sweet things you all say, the wonderful encouragement,all of the prayers we say for one another--I can't begin to tell you all how I feel. You lift me up and give me hope and courage. God bless you all.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    i'm surprised this thred didnt get more attention! what's up with that? come on people fess up!
  • prototype
    prototype Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i'm surprised this thred didnt get more attention! what's up with that? come on people fess up!

I agree. I thought this would have gotten more love for sure!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I've only been on here for a month and a half and have made several good friends already. My inspirations are some of the long-timers like Banks. Really good stuff from Banks' posts. There are others that I can't think of right now, but I read their posts all the time when I see them.

Some from my friend list: 305muscle, DaddyMantz, TaraMaria, grunt1, secostley, polo571, guardup and fitPhil2011. These are the people who "bring it" every day and try to push it up a notch all the time like I do.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't know... I have some people on here that I really like "talking" to, and they inspire me. My truest inspirations are all of those people who post before and after pics though. To see progress like that is amazing, and it keeps me going! I love seeing how far people can come, whether they had 10 lbs. or 200 lbs to lose. It just makes me feel good knowing that anybody can have amazing results if they work at it! I want to be one of those people. :)
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't have anyone specific however I am inpired by all those who have the balls to post their starting pics alongside how great they look now. Thank you :)