A pizza question...

Options
Alright, so I showed amazing self control beyond the normal parameters I've ever before managed. I at one slice of cheese pizza, but I can't figure out how many calories it was because it had extra-virgin olive oil brushed on the crust and was topped with cheese rather than having the traditional marinara sauce. Any guesstimates out there on how I should count it?

Thanks for the help!
Rebecca

Replies

• Happy_JoJo
    Happy_JoJo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think I would count the pizza, then count the olive oil separately perhaps....hmmmmm
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Could you add it into your system as a recipe and then just add the amount that you ate to your diary? Like put in the whole pizza as is in the recipe with say 8 servings and then only add 1 to your day?
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would just count the crust & cheese and do the oil seperate. I would just estimate how much of each you think there was. Good luck! :)
  • Bobcgirl8
    Bobcgirl8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    wow...that was eye-opening. I wish it had been marinara because 1 tbl of extra virgin olive oil is 120 calories, 1/4 cup generic marinara sauce is 46. I'm sure the restaurant marinara is probably more like 60, but still a big difference...wasn't as good as I thought I was.
  • Braffert
    Options
    Good job with the self control! Pizza is a hard one to limit, isn't it?

If there was no marinara sauce, then there would have been:

Crust: 150kcal (the values really ranged here, depending on the dough type)
    Cheese: mozzarella (one serving, 30g, assumed) , 100 kcal
    Olive oil: approx 1 tbsp, 119 kcal
    Total: 369kcal

If it was super cheese-y, then there would have been a lot more kcal from the cheese. I'm assuming a medium crust pizza cut in 8 slices. If it was a larger pizza, or cut to different proportions, that would also affect the count.

Not too bad for a treat, every once in a while, right?
  • Bobcgirl8
    Bobcgirl8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not too bad no. Thanks everyone!!