Any other young people out there? I'm a newbie! =D

Options
I'm 18 and just wondering who else is young on here? I'm not really overweight but I want to lose 10-15 pounds just to slim down and tone up. Hope you all are having a great day! =D

Replies

• Braffert
    Options
    I'm 20, if that helps, but I've been using the site on and off for two years. I'm not overweight, but I am also trying to slim down.
    Welcome!
  • ksills5
    Options
    I just turned 23 and am not overweight, but wouldn't mind losing 10 pounds to get back to before marriage weight :) I often find it hard to stick to my calories b/c I'm not "unhappy" with my body so I let myself slack a little bit some days and haven't lost more than a pound or two since I started back on the website January 1st. Do you find it hard to lose just a few pounds since we "don't have much to lose?"
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    I'm 19. Welcome to the site :-)
  • kpurvis21
    kpurvis21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new too. I hope this can help me stay on track. Good luck to you!
  • rosebud475
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome guys! and yes I do find it hard to lose weight when there isn't "too much to lose" because I slack just like you were saying and just a few extra things a day can really add up to a weight gain again. I find if I drink a lot of water that helps me feel less hungry but I have the problem of living in a house with people who are always buying junk food haha
  • patpat90
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! I am 20 and i am new too! im not overweight either but just want to loose a few pounds and feel healthier!! =)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    youngin here!!!!
  • ebergmann
    Options
    I'm 20-welcome! I'm trying to get my legs smaller, but i'm a gal where my hips and legs get fat first and thin last. I think with calorie counting, that can lead down a really dangerous path. when you don't have a lot to lose and you hit a plateau place, it's annoying and disheartening and sometime that's when you eat emotionally and gain, rather than losing. but we're all in this together!

if you want encouragement/advice/whatever you can add me as a friend :smile:
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 - Feel free to add me.
  • hesscm
    Options
    I'm 20, also new here. Same situation, want to lose about 10-15 pounds. Hopefully most of it before spring break! :drinker: