30 day Shred calories burnt for 252 pound male?

paulmmichaud
paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello all, I am male, 5ft 8 in. and weigh 252 pounds. I'm trying to get an idea of how many calories I will be burning when I do the 30 day shred. I just bought the dvd today and I do not have a heart rate monitor or a body bugg yet.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Paul

Replies

• Heth1023
    Heth1023 Posts: 1 Member
    I am wondering if just using a "circuit training" entry for it might work, for 30 minutes? I just calculated it for myself, and it says that I burned 265 calories. I am 5'4" and weigh 146...does that seem reasonable? I think that comparing it to circuit training is pretty logical...but what do I know?

Good luck!
  • BLM6
    BLM6 Posts: 3 Member
    I was having the same problem, trying to determine how many calories to count for Jillian's 30 day shred.
    I found a general aerobics choice in exercise, but I don't think it was enough calories for the work out
    From lots of years of exercise/diet/experience I would estimate at least 200 calories for the 20 minute
    workout if you give it your all. Hope this helps.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    I put it under circuit training, that is pretty much what it is.
  • BLM6
    BLM6 Posts: 3 Member
    Yes, Makes sense to me.
    I'm about the same weight, a bit more, and a bit taller.
    I have been estimating at least 200 (conservatively) probably more like 250
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    I have the 30 day shred, I'm 125lbs & the workout usually takes about 25 mins (including warm up & cool down) I burn about 465 cals & I do use a HRM.
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    I am 5 ft 4 in and weight 117 and with my hrm I burn about 200 calories.
This discussion has been closed.