calories-what should I do?

Options
Ok so I know that people typically say that calories don't "roll over" so to speak from one day to the next. However, I had a HORRIBLE day yesterday and unfortunately succumbed to emotional eating. It's a rare occurance, but last night I went over by over 800 cals! As a result, I worked out extra hard today and burned almost 500. With this, I have over 900 calories remaining for today. Would it be best if I just ate the minimum (1200) and left the rest of the calories uneaten (although it's usually my understanding you're supposed to eat the exercise cals, which I usually do, leaving about a 200 cal cushion) because of last night's overage, or should I eat them back like I normally do?

Replies

• Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i say that you shouldnt eat those calories cause you were just burning off yesterday.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i went over by A FULL DAYS CALS yesterday and have just went bak to tryn to eat better 2day, but stayn under my cal goal :flowerforyou:

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would eat something healthy, that will give you back some calories without ruining it, like an apple and turkey or something.Don't worry one mess up is normal, everyone needs a cheat day or we won't stay successful!:smile: