confession time

I was always feeling sorry for myself because I would diet and nothing happened.
I joined the group a week ago. I was able to keep track of EVERYTHING I ate, and guess what? the math doesn't lie. I did restrict my calories/exercise enough to lose a pound... and you guessed it. I lost 2 pounds but I feel it is probably only a pound, but hey, I'll take it!

Obviously, before I was cheating and not admitting it. I was hiding behind a metabolism problem or bad luck or whatever. Now I know I haven't been singled out to be overweight, if I want to lose, I must fight it like every body else. What a concept!

Replies

• ydf51
    ydf51 Posts: 11
    I was always feeling sorry for myself because I would diet and nothing happened.
    I joined the group a week ago. I was able to keep track of EVERYTHING I ate, and guess what? the math doesn't lie. I did restrict my calories/exercise enough to lose a pound... and you guessed it. I lost 2 pounds but I feel it is probably only a pound, but hey, I'll take it!

Obviously, before I was cheating and not admitting it. I was hiding behind a metabolism problem or bad luck or whatever. Now I know I haven't been singled out to be overweight, if I want to lose, I must fight it like every body else. What a concept!
  • The light has come on. Come into the light. You will be welcomed and like it here. :laugh: :laugh:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    It's quite the revelation, isn't it!! I went through the same thing :wink: Good for you for starting the journey and welcome to one crazy but rewarding ride!!
  • It's so hard to truly get on board with a diet. It's just so easy to lie... even to yourself. But once you admit your mistakes to yourself, and you really make yourself accountable, it does get much easier!!!!! Great job!! Hope you see those pounds start shedding like crazy!!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Kudos for plugging it all in! You are well on your way! :drinker:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Trust me, once here, you don't need food anymore. Only popcorn :laugh: and then, watch the show. Oh, my, I'd better get down to work :embarassed:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Yea...I used to always say that it was my genes...my mom was a little heavy, my grandma...but when my mom lost 40 pounds I realized...nope...it's the lifestyle!

Good for you! First step...ACCOMPLISHED!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • It's amazing when it just clicks like that, isn't it? :smile: Good job!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    It's clicking for me too.....and I hate when I plan out the day...and by 8 pm it's all out the window. I went to bed last night swearing up and down that I was going to get my act together!! And I have been VERY good today!! I feel a TON better! I'm hydrated, I don't have the sugar sweats, and I think I may have lost at least two of the four pounds of water weight I managed to pack on this weekend :noway:

Too much of this :drinker: made me :sad: this morning when I weighed in. :laugh:

Now, lets follow this yellow brick road to the wizard!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Yep I was the same way....most of my family isn't real heavy, just a little thick so I always assumed it was in my genes, It was impossible for me to lose weight, etc. Now that I have lost what I lost, I'm like hey look at that, I modify what I eat and a move more and the weight just magically comes off.

I think I have also underestimated how much I have gained since high school. I think the next time I go to the Doctor I'll see if they can pull up my weight from back then so I can see what I really did once weigh. I have this notion that I would look sickly at 125 pounds, which I do think I will given my body type, but right now my goal is 180. If I find that back in highschool I weighed 140, then it will give me proof that I can keep going.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    It's amazing that when you actually write every little thing down it does make you realize all the awful habits you've made of eating. It's right there, in black and white. Staring at you in the face, as if to say, "and you wonder why you're overweight?!" :laugh: Now I feel super guilty for not logging in a glass of skim milk, but it all adds up!

I've been there, too. I kept telling myself it's gotta be something medical contributing to my weight (and a creeping hint of depression coming along). My mom is overweight, has thyroid issues and I researched my symptoms only to convince myself that it must be genetic! Yep, I carried this notion, err excuse rather, for quite a while. Finally, I went to the doctor to discover that I am perfectly healthy. Nothing, no more excuses for me! My doc even said I have a better chance of dying in a car accident than anything else. A little morbid, but put things into perspective!

Now almost 2 months later, I feel sooooo much better and have a ton more energy. Not to mention, no ailments to blame! Eating and cooking healthy foods and exercising has done a world of good for me. I'm keeping this new lifestyle! yep! :bigsmile: