General Question About Strech Marks

Options
I have a questions to all those who have has success in loosing 50+ lbs. and have had stretch marks while at their heaviest: Have you seen reduction in their appearance, such as lightness in color, and more importantly what is your skin like now that you have lost so much weight?

I realize some of these questions are rather personal, but this is something I'm concerned with since I have stretch marks from gaining all this weight.

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite to 50lbs but I still have strech marks. I use BioOil and it seems to help the appearance. :flowerforyou:
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from having babies. My first baby was 10 pounds 4oz and my second was 9lbs 10 oz. I have horrible stretch marks on my belly and plus I was up to 220 at one point. I'm now down to 185 and my stretch marks are less red and noticable. I also put cocoa butter on my stomach and my legs (I have stretch marks there too) they are fading. I did read it takes 7 years for your skin to repair itself. Also be sure to drink plenty of water to help with the hydration of your skin too. Hope this helps
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite to 50lbs but I still have strech marks. I use BioOil and it seems to help the appearance. :flowerforyou:

Thanks! I ordered that Celtrixa cream for a free trial. I hope it works. I have no intention of keeping it because its $80 for each shipment after that. I'm looking for anything that is cheaper and that works.

I've used bottles of coco butter but no difference.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Mine are MUCH less noticeable now. It took them a while to lighten and working on my muscle tone seems to have also helped with their appearance :-)
  • Superrhi
    Options
    BioOil works for met too, it really does help.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from having babies. My first baby was 10 pounds 4oz and my second was 9lbs 10 oz. I have horrible stretch marks on my belly and plus I was up to 220 at one point. I'm now down to 185 and my stretch marks are less red and noticable. I also put cocoa butter on my stomach and my legs (I have stretch marks there too) they are fading. I did read it takes 7 years for your skin to repair itself. Also be sure to drink plenty of water to help with the hydration of your skin too. Hope this helps

Thanks for the input! Glad coco butter worked for you; I haven't had much luck.
  • etron
    etron Posts: 33
    Options
    I call them my "tiger stripes" ... they're THAT bad. I haven't lost enough weight yet to notice any difference in them so I'm in the same boat as you. Good luck... post if anything seems to help you... :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks just take time to fade. They don't go away completely (at least mine don't) but they do get much lighter. I have some from gaining some weight a long time ago that are as non-noticeable as they will ever get and the ones from when I was pg with my son (5-6 years ago) are mostly unnoticeable in color... though the texture is horrible!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!