No bake cheese cake

Options
petey49
petey49 Posts: 58 Member
Hi folks. Total non-baker here. I found a recipe for no-bake cheese cake that calls for cream cheese, cool whip, sugar and a few other things. To make this as low cal as possible, can I use splenda or the other stuff (Stevia?) instead of sugar?

Replies

• jess804
    jess804 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    yes you can but one more note about splenda it is made with a form of chlorine so anyone who has thyroid issues should NOT use splenda! Just an FYI....
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Note about stevia and truvia- tastes gross.
  • lbluejaye8
    Options
    Where did you find it? Can you send website or link or repost it? Sounds delicious and light!! :)
  • tigergreeneyz
    tigergreeneyz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda Blend in EVERYTHING! You only use 1/2 of what you would for pure sugar and it tastes great to me. Try using light cream cheese and lite cool whip to also lower the calories.
  • petey49
    Options
    Thanks Jess804. I have a few friends who do have thyroid problems. Maybe I'll just keep the calories with sugar and not risk problems.
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    Can you post the recipe?? It sounds awesome!!!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    When I want a little something sweet, I serve myself some greek yogurt with VERY little crushed graham cracker and some blueberry compote (made w/ agave nectar). It's waaaay less fattening than traditional cheesecake, but is a good knock off! :)
  • petey49
    Options
    For Mama-mia 3: Here is the link for the recipe http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/philadelphia-no-bake-mini-cheesecakes-53063.aspx

At calories per serving 200, I think I am going to try the pumkin cheese cakes that was posted here, they only have 35 cal/serving.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    bump