Food Scale advice needed

Options
so, I have to get a new food scale since my old one died. The one I had was a Weight Watchers scale I had gotten several years ago. Any recommendations for a good, affordable food scale? Thanks.

Replies

• cookingcriolla
    Options
    I have the Weight Watchers Digital food scale and I like it. You can add a food item and zero it out to add something else, not sure if that's the one you had.
  • chiesiayowkaugae
    Options
    I would look for a metric scale.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I just got one from Walmart for around $19.00. It works great and you can add foods and zero out to add other foods. I had a very old WW scale for years and it was great and just finally died.
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My Weight Watchers scale was quite a few years old and I was so sad when it died. It wasn't anything fancy, just a plain digital scale. I like the idea of being able to zero out to add more foods, that will be really helpful.
  • jerseygeorge
    Options
    If Bed Bath and Beyond is convenient get a coupon and check them out. They had about a dozen. Unfortunately they did not all work (batteries). I bought an OXO. Total capacity 5 lbs, metric/english measurement, yes you can zero it out. Small, white, easy to wipe off, etc. I like it, but they had a lot to choose from. I paid about $29 for mine.
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Think I have the same as Karen...cheap at Wallieworld...grey with a glass platform, sorry it doesn't have a name on it, but it zeros out at a touch of a button and you can switch between grams, ounces and pounds at any point. It is my lifeline...the Deitz and Watson chicken I eat says a serving is 3 slices...weight wise it is only 2...so everyone who is eating that is eating half again as many calories as they think they are! The carrots I had today...can says there are 3.5 servings...there are only 2! I could go on and on, but suffice it to say I MEASURE EVERYTHING!!!!