Ahh That GUILTY FEELING!!

Options
We ordered pizza for dinner and I didnt eat it, until all the kids went to bed, and I literally tried to HIDE and eat it... and about 30 seconds after I did, I felt terrible about it, WTF...LOL tomorrow is weigh in and I am still under calories for the day.. but sheesh do I feel like I've just robbed a bank!!

Replies

• sarahtroupe
    Options
    LOL!!!! This is too funny ... I have eaten dinner and still have 638 cal left and I weigh in tommorrow... LOL
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    ha,ha.....I am making my self record all calories even those eaten in the closet!
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    atleast you can admit it to everyone on here
  • LysLeslie
    Options
    It happens to the best of us! (unfortunately) I recently went a little overboard, okay, A LOT, during super bowl Sunday and felt MAJOR guilt about it. My aunt gave me some good advice though..tomorrow is a new day, start over fresh and try again! :)
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    lol it's kinda funny you hid, subconscious not wanting anyone to know you're eating all those fatty carbs in that pizza? i'm glad you're still having a good caloric goal day though & good luck weighing in tomorrow!
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had pizza this week too. I was tempted by watching a Happy Days episode! HA!

Oh well. I don't feel too guilty. We all slip up sometimes.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I had to go back and add a cupcake I ate at lunch then run it off - phew eating a lot of calories and then burning it off is hard work :wink:
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Well look on the bright side you are still below your total calories for the day! Next time don't try to deprive yourself have a slice of pizza with the family and add veggies or a big salad that way you won't feel the need to hide and eat the pizza. I doubt any of us will never eat pizza ever again so we have to learn how to control the situation. Tomorrow I'm having pizza but it's a lean cuisine one. I was tempted to order at Bertucci's yesterday but wasn't sure how to control the situation but I'll have to think about so I'll be prepared the next time.
  • mizz_jojo808
    mizz_jojo808 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You're funny and so true! I'm sure a bunch of us (like myself) have gone through that. Oh gawd I hate that guilty feeling but while your eating , don't you feel like you're in heaven? then later hell? I am also battling strong food cravings right now.
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Next time don't try to deprive yourself have a slice of pizza with the family and add veggies or a big salad that way you won't feel the need to hide and eat the pizza.

I really like this comment. I think it is really good for your children to see you eating food in moderation. They will learn how to eat healthy from you, just by observation. If they see that pizza is ok if it is eaten as a treat and only a small portion with salad then they will have learnt a skill that they can take with them when they leave the home. If you teach them that pizza is bad and you should never have it, you set them up for failure, as we are all tempted. But teaching them how to eat it sensibly will be really good for them.