Advice on losing the first 10 lbs

Options
i do 60 min of circuit training everyday at a gym and eat under 2000 calories and I'm not losing any weight! I've been at this for almost 12 weeks....any old tricks or personal tricks I should try besides cut out food! I love to eat! I eat healthy I just hate to be hungry! I know the first ten are the hardest but this is retarded! I bust my bum everyday and I see some results as far as tightening but no weightloss! Help!

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    try upping ur protein n lowering ur carb intakes n see how that goes hon :) i lost most of my weight so far on high-protein/low-carb diet (11 lbs)
  • Superrhi
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking plenty of water everyday.
    Dont work yourself too hard, have a days rest, try out some different exercises too, see if they work any better?
    if you see the tightening then something is obviously working, but muscle weighs more than fat, so you might be swapping all your fat weight for your new muscle weight.
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    what kind of foods are you eating? weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. I do three things to give me a bit of an edge. First, I add apple cider vinegar with chilli flakes to my salads. Second, I add coconut oil to my oatmeal. Lastly, I consume vitamin B12. These three things help add weight loss for me.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many calories you're burning with your workouts? Maybe you're overestimating?
  • tamaracorine
    Options
    Less calories. Try eating 1200-1500 a day.
  • scarletjg
    scarletjg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The first 10 are supposed to be the easiest, the last 10 are the hardest. :(

I'm just wondering... how tall are you and how much do you currently weigh. Are you eating too little? Even if you are, at 60 minutes of cardio per day you really should be losing weight. Your body should kick into gear for at least the first few weeks.

You should probably go talk to a doctor or nutritionist about it.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely lower your calories. Aim for 1,500.. but this too depends on what your current weight is and how much you need to lose. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and try switching up your exercise routine. Make sure you are getting lots of vegetables and fruit and lean protein.
  • 44cherryBlossoms
    Options
    If you are just losing inches and toning up remember that muscle weighs more than fat. It is also possible that your body is use to the circuit training and you need to change your workout...either try something different, pick up the pace or adjust the resistance to be higher. Calorie intake is NOT the only thing you need to look at! You also have to look at the fat intake, you can eat under 2000 calories and still be WAY over the recommended fat intake. Try eating nutrition dense foods for two weeks and see what happens, I guarantee you that you will lose a few pounds.

Let me give you a little advice, Cut dairy, starches & animal products for two weeks, if you eat only fruits, veggies and most importantly lots of greens...I guarantee you will lose at least 10 lbs in two weeks. And you can eat as much of them as you want.

You've been doing the same thing for 12 weeks right? What's 2 weeks of nothing but healthy? If it doesn't work you can always go back to eating the same (which apparently isn't working anyway) and you've lost nothing...except a few pounds ;)

Good luck, let me know how it goes.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    personally, my weight loss really slows down when i get too close to 2000 calories. i lowered it to 1500 and started to lose again. you might try lowering your calorie intake a bit. good luck!
  • babygtbck14
    babygtbck14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Low carb is the way to go. Now if I could just stick with my own suggestion..lol..Seriously I have already done the whole low carb thing previously aand lost 17 lbs in 2 weeks. It is just so darn hard to stick with. I 'm Italian and love my pizza and pasta.
  • jadedjade24
    Options
    what I do when I see my scale not move...I measure my waist! Sometimes, even though it doesnt reflect it on the scale you are actually getting leaner. And you may even be gaining muscle.

Also, like people say, low carb is great. But try not to go too over bored with that. I know someone who is obsessed with eating no carbs and then he got really sick.
  • raiderette34
    Options
    Another thing about low-carb diets, ease yourself into it. The thing with low-carb diets is that yes, it will help you lose weight quickly but unless you're planning on eating low-carb forever, you will gain it right back when you start eating them again.

Also, I saw someone else said this but I did learn in my health class this last week that your body does get used to exercise routines and they stop working. So mix it up, try some new moves and make sure you are incorporating cardio.
    Cardio loses the fat, weight/strength training tightens what's under it :)

Good luck!
  • katyviking13
    Options
    Carbs are great you just have to pick the right carbs. Stay away from all white carbohydrates. White bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, etc. Also stay away from sugars. Natural sugars are fine although corn and carrots you should stay away from. Try eating lean meats such as fish, turkey, chicken. Stay away from pork because pig fat does not digest as well and as fast.

Something I tried was not eating after 7pm. This gives your body enough time to digest your meal from dinner. Therefore, when you sleep your body has nothing to break down so it will then break down body fat. I lost about 1 inch from my stomach and thighs within the first few days.

I hope this helps!
  • tamaracorine
    Options
    My advice?
    Eat clean. Train hard.