Newbie!! :)

moonnstarz60
moonnstarz60 Posts: 15
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
I've been using MFP on my android for about 2 weeks now. I've noticed that I'm slowly eating less and more healthier foods than I did before. A couple years ago I dropped almost 50 lbs then I went to college and ended up gaining all of it back. I found out the freshman weight curse was true. Now that I'm a senior and will be graduating in a year I figure it's time to lose it again and prepare myself for the "real" world. So far I'm down 2 lbs and slowly reaching my goals :) I don't have much support from home since I live over an hour away from my family so I figure I'll find the support I need through here!

Replies

• Welcome! feel free to add me!
  • AMSull19
    AMSull19 Posts: 37 Member
    welcome! the more support the better your chances of sucess. feel free to add me :happy:
  • I wish I took that step my last year of school. Good for you! :happy:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    welcome to the site. the site is great, especially all the encouragement you receive from friends. feel free to friend me.
  • our stories are really similar! i lost about that much after my first daughter, and getting pregnant with my second daughter so soon helped me gain it all PLUS some back! ..........................and here i am! happy losing to ya! i too started on my droid, just got on here yesterday! ITS AMAZING! we will be where we want to be in NO time!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Welcome to MFP! If you want to add me as a friend you are more than welcome to. We all need motivation and support during lifestyle changes. Good luck to you!
  • jb83
    jb83 Posts: 38
    I started using the app about the same time as you! Tried the website about 3 months ago and never followed through, but I'm determind to do it this time.

Good luck to you!!!!!
  • Support from friends is a succesful way to stay motivated! You are doing great so far. Feel free to add me!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Hi! welcome! I love MFP, it has really helped me. I don't have the app. on my phone but I am on this internet site everyday. I actually use it more than facebook now. I have met great people who are able to motivate me and I have found success. I have a long journey of weight loss but with the encouragement of others it's been great. People here are really nice and helpful. Good luck and hang in there. remember the first 30 days are the hardest, then it gets easier.:smile:
This discussion has been closed.