Just a quick thank you to my MFP friends and everyone else o

Options
This site really is pretty special. I'm sure most of y'all already know that but I wanted to point it out again. When I was at the gym today, I had my hardest workout to date - 18 miles on the bike followed immediately by 2 miles on the treadmill. Kicked my *kitten*. You know what got me through it? MFP. I knew that when I got home, I would get to post the results of my workout and my MFP friends - none of whom I "know" in real life - would make me feel even better about it. My wife is incredible and very supportive and my 14-month-old son is a huge inspiration as well. But, somehow, when my legs wanted to quit and I didn't think I could go any further, thinking about posting on an internet site got me to the finish line. Some people may think that's weird and a little pathetic; I think it's pretty cool.

Thank you to you all from the bottom of my heart. With the support of my family and now, my MFP family as well, there is no doubt in my mind that I will accomplish my goals. If I can ever help ANY of you, please let me know. I would love to be able to pay it forward in any way that I can.

Replies

• jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I only have a couple of friends but they are also doing Insanity with me, so when I finish a workout I want to post it immediately so they're "proud" of me. Nice workout by the way.

Isn't it great?
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    WOW.. that's an amazing story.. WAY TO GO
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way. when i plug in my exercise im like i think i can do more, and seeing that and waiting to plug it in and have people congrats me, its so awesome. you are not sad or weird:)
  • LaurieKPhoto1972
    Options
    You ROCK! I just loved your post and I feel the exact same way about MFP. I really feel like I can do it now with the help of my MFP family. I am so very happy I found this site!!!!
  • srs1881
    Options
    I have only been on here about a week and I feel the same way. I feel both accountable to and wholly supported by people "I don't even know." The internet is sort of strange to me as a whole but this community is a godsend.
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I AGREE....WELL SAID :wink:
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one that feels that way!! Good luck to all of you and - like I said - please let me know if I can ever do anything to help any of y'all!!