Options
Hey all! I've been a member here for a little over 2 weeks and I can honestly say this is the easiest time I've ever had trying to lose weight. Usually I think about it for a week or two and then the desire just goes away. Recently I've found myself losing the craving for food, and I have no illusions about the fact that I am completely addicted to carbs. Cake? No thanks. A pound of spaghetti? Yes please!

I've read that will-power is more like a muscle than a state of mind. The more we exercise it, the weaker it gets in the short term. How does everybody deal with those cravings? There hasn't been too bad of a day for me yet, but I know there'll be one soon where I'm faced with lots of bread, cheese, beer and all the other delicious things that had me at 230 lbs.

Replies

• jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    You can reach your goal pretty easily if you stay focused, don't fall of the wagon, and you do a little bit of exercising. I think you'll truly be amazed if you stay focused for four months.
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I hear you 100%. It's hard no matter how you cut it, but I would recommend some regular exercise. It's not easy but its possible. I manage to walk 4 to 5 miles EVERY day. There is the occasional blip due to really bad weather (and lately its been inside treadmill action) but if you can dedicate say an hour a day to it, you will burn off a significant number of calories. I find its a little easier to resist the goodies when I realize how much work it takes to neutralize their effect.

I hope you don't work nights, like me. My doctor said it does make it harder to do well. She referenced that night shift people tend to overeat. The biggest problem I face is the Kitchen at 2am. Let's just say, what happens in the Kitchen stays in the Kitchen.
    Its pretty tough. I like a small pizza or some lowfat ice cream. And thankfully I can manage it but I know I would do better if I could cut back. Suggestion: Green Giant steamed veggie bags. There is one with red potatoes, string beans etc. and its really good and filling for about 250 calories. Write me if you need the exact name.

Best of Luck....
    Dan