To believe or not to believe is the question!

Options
So today I went to visit dr due to a bad bronchitis/ flu that I have :/ I weighed myself first thing early AM and when I got to dr office mid-day there scale was 5 lbs off from mine. This was the second time that has happened. I weighed myself at my moms and hers gave me same reading mine did at home. 5 lbs?!? Really that's a lot. My mom and I both have a digital scale and the dr office has one of those older scales. I'm really confused now..... Any suggestions?!?!?! 1 or 2 off not to bad but 5 lbs...... I don't know :/ I hadn't drank a lot of fluids either.

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Lol, I was just talking to my weight loss group about this! Every one of them swore that their Dr's scale is way off compared to their own. I wouldn't let it get to you.
  • micah2009
    micah2009 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Most scales are calibrated differently and can be thrown off by what type of flooring they are on, as long as you are still making progress, I would not worry.
  • cassidystreasures
    Options
    and clothes and different times of the day can make a big difference
  • brocflores
    Options
    Y'all are all right! I guess I just needed to read it. I was just amazed at how way off it was, then I started to feel like I had been set back and started thinking this just isn't working out for me then. Thanks so much guys for everyones advice!!
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I weigh 5 pounds more at the doctor's office and at work than my scale. But my scale at home is the one I started with, so that's my yardstick. But I won't be weighing myself at work anymore. :)
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I actually weighed myself clothes with shoes the last time so I would have a preview of what I would weigh at the office. I was still 3 or 4 pounds heavier according to his scale than mine.
  • brocflores
    Options
    Yeah at home I take everything off and weigh in first thing in the morning. At dr office though I do take off shoes. Nurses are always like " oh it's ok you can leave your shoes on" and I'm like no thanks I'm going to remove them. I'm always curious to see what it says. Then I burn myself cause it's always higher :/ soooo note to self don't focus on scale at dr office. My scale at home is the only one that will count!!!