how close should i get to recommended calories?

Options
Hi! first post on these forums, but i was wondering how close i should be getting to my daily recommended calories? its 930pm here and i still have 580 calories remaining. i'm trying to lose a pound of weight/week, but im also trying not to lose much muscle at all. im recommended getting 2200 calories a day. should i make a healthy snack to get the rest of my 580 recommended calories to lose weight? or just call it a day?

Replies

• prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend on how many calories you've burned for the day plus if you feel hungry or not. If you've burned quite a bit of calories from exercise and such, and you're hungry, I'd have a light healthy snack such as yogurt or an apple or such. If you haven't burned very many calories and are still 500 away from your 2200, I'd say just call it a night.
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Did you work out today?
  • ryank81283
    Options
    ya i burned 400 calories on my park run, which is included in the 580 calories i have left for tonight
  • crunkpunch
    Options
    You're fine then. I try not to look at the bonus calories as another opportunity to eat. If I'm starving then I wont be afraid to have a snack.... if not then it will be a nice bonus next time I get on the treadmill :)
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    I'd just leave it be:) You're really only 100 away- and that's a good, close range:)