Does dancing around like a fool

Options
I am getting bored of my workout DVDs

I just spent one hour dancing to trance/house music. Wayyy better than that stupid Denise Austin dance dvd I just got. Oh my goodness... if someone had a hidden camera setup in my living room that would make for some great Americas Funniest Home Videos footage! lol I was waving my arms, kicking, jumping, shaking ha ha.

Do you make up your own workouts???

Replies

• helluva4
    Options
    LOL, I was dancing for exercise too. It works but I think a more structured dance is better. I just started the Leslie Sansome video to add to my workout of dancing. Hope this helps!
  • wolfoz
    Options
    More structured dances tend to make it less likely that you'll strain muscles (I can't recall the amount of times I've woken up after a night of crazy dancing and ached all over!), but as long as you warm up first then I don't see anything wrong with it!
    Any exercise is good exercise!
  • Sammy_k715
    Sammy_k715 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lol, this made me laugh. :laugh: I've done it before too :blushing:
  • naguilar
    Options
    I think dancing is the best way to exercise!!! if you like latin dances you should try Zumba is really good!!
  • julie4760
    Options
    I dance around the kitchen when i'm cooking tea the kids think i'm barmy lol
  • SkyBlueKayak
    Options
    Yea for you!! You also might like Zumba for Wii
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Zumba! Those Latin moves will shake the pounds right off!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love dancing around the house!! My nutritionist even encourages me to do it because the activity burns calories and reduces my glucose levels. I just recently bought Just Dance 2 for my Wii and that's a lot of fun. And tomorrow I will attend my first Zumba class! Dance, Dance, Dance!!! Keep it moving!!!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    LOL I do this all the time! My dog thinks I'm nuts.
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That's what I do and so far the most effective one! I did that for about 6 months before my wedding and boom! I made it!!!
  • NicoleRuth
    NicoleRuth Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I saw the title of this thread and knew it was for me!!! I love to dance, and especially while I'm doing the dishes! I love doing Zumba also because you can really add your own flavor to it! Only problem is Zumba isn't listed in the exercises so I usually just put down aerobic dancing.
  • angelarose12
    Options
    I really want to get the Zumba DVDs. I'm waiting until our tax money comes in so my husband feels better when I tell him I spent $60 on workout DVDS lol.

I try and incorporate moves I've seen on the many other DVDs I have and I sometimes put on a dance workout DVD. I use their moves just make them faster. Feels less like working out and more like fun!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    LOL I do this all the time! My dog thinks I'm nuts.

Lol! I play Dance Dance Revolution with my lab. I beat her almost every time!!! I'm laying on the floor now, and she is pouting because I won't let her give me a moochie.

Life would be so boring without dogs.