HELP !!!!!

Options
I am looking for some excercise that I can do this weekend? I went for a run yesterday and managed to pop the cartilage out the side of my knee joint, so running is out....ideas?? :sad:

Replies

• ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Have you got a Wii?? I have the Wii sports resort and when im having my rest days from running i use the canooing thing on there!

Sounds silly and youll probably laugh but it doesnt half get your heart rate up! The boxing is also a good workout on there?

Hope ive been of some help....if not i bet you laughed!!

Ceri :-)
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    Rowing, I seem to burn a great deal of calories that way and it's easy on the joints.

Hope you feel better soon :smile:
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Do you have access to a pool? Swimming, or anything in water. Other than that you should lay off and heal. You don't want to screw with your knees.
  • irontara
    irontara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    if you can tolerate it, the elliptical simulates running. If not, pool running is good (albiet boring), or biking. Can you swim? Thatys another option.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    definitely swimming!!
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    Oh yeah, swimming, that's great. Don't row, Jump out of the boat and swim.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Swimming - as long as you do front crawl/freestyle, not breast stroke. I have issues with my knees and I know I have been advised against breast stroke because of the action on the knees.

C
  • Elliebee22
    Options
    You should be really careful with your knee! So I would stick to upper body excercise until your knee yets better. Things like sit ups etc just take care of your knee. Other people have suggested swimming but I wouldn't do that as most excercises in the pool require using your legs. Just take it easy and if you must do excercise, keep to upper body workouts. Hope this helps :smile: