WAHOO!!! My bra strap isn't rolling over anymore!!

Options
Sooo happy! This morning I put on a bra that was kind of bordering on tight before, and everytime I wore it, the band that hooks and goes around my rib cage would roll up on the bottom and roll down on the top. Along with my shirts being on the tight side sometimes, it made for a most unpleasant look. When I put my bra on this morning, it is staying put without rolling! This is a major sign of lost weight for me. I haven't really been able to get into smaller pants yet, even though my pants are very big around my waist now, I have that God-awful belly pooch which hasn't shrunk as much as my waist ... yet!!! So, not putting on smaller pants yet has been a little upsetting (I've tried several things on and just need to lose a bit more in my belly before I can go down a size.) This is a major victory for me, something I can see when I look in the mirror, and I just had to share!

Replies

• SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I love this! WTG! You gotta take your victories as you find them.
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a wonderful victory!! That's awesome :happy:
  • terryhuff
    Options
    Congrats darlin'! i am so happy for you!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!! You will get in those jeans, just keep working it!!
  • momsusan
    momsusan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job! You have inspired me!
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! Congrats! It really is a big accomplishment that you should be proud of. As far as the pant size, I read a bunch of posts on the community board yesterday from many people who said they had lost 20+ pounds and still wore the same pant size. You will get to a smaller size - just don't get discouraged by the pant size thing. Try to look on the bright side of things because you're doing great! Keep up the awesome work!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    :-D It's SOOOOOO important to celebrate these things!! My big "oh my god I really am making progress" moment was the day I found my hip bones. Lol. I had been so large and squishy for so long that when I touched my hip and felt something hard I thought something was wrong! Then I realized there was a BONE there that I had never been able to feel before.

We tend to start losing weight to "look better" or "get healthier" which is great, but it's vague. It's not until we're in the thick (haha no pun intended) of it all that we realize the little but SIGNIFICANT things like clothing staying where it belongs, being able to bend over to tie our own shoes without completely cutting off our oxygen supply, lol, shaving our legs without hassle, the newfound ease of getting out of a chair, or sitting in a new chair and not wondering if I'll break it! I've found countless little things that I always just 'lived with' before because I didn't know any different and now I see that weightloss changes EVERYTHING. :) It's a beautiful thing.

Congratulations!
  • Grace76
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! That is awesome!!! Way to go!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    WOW! I will be so glad when my bra isn't doing the rolling thing again! What a great feeling for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!