The answer to Life, the Universe & Everything...

Options
bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,837 Member

If you understand that, send me a friend request and grab your towel. I need help saving the Earth from the Vogons before I hear another one of their poems. First we have to stop and pick up Marvin, have dinner at the restaurant at the end of the universe, and fix the improbability drive. I've got a large supply of Pan-Gallactic Gargle Blasters and Jin-n-Tonix.

If you're already my friend, shame on you for not showing me your towel before now!

:laugh:

Replies

• OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    *hangs head in shame* I am sorry. I will show you mine if you show me yours!
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    LOL yes!
  • Kshadley95
    Options
    Ahh, but what is the ultimate question?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,247 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the mice would be proud. Then again, maybe not.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    You want a question that goes with the answer 42?? How about 6 x 7??

ETA... took me awhile to search my pix for this one.....

towelcooter.jpg
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Count me out if he's going. Last time Marvin drank most of the Jin-n-Tonix and didn't chip in squat at the spaceship gas station.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

PS - All my towel pics are at home.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    My towel is in my go bag, cuz I was a scout and I know to be prepared.

and now for some Vogon Poetry:

"Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    That is so hot TK......*swoon*
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    DON'T PANIC
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda scared of you guys.......:laugh:
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    At least it's not Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Wait, I just graduated from the new school of Life....they changed the answer...it is now 17!!!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    LOL When my sister in law gave us some cloths for my daughter I was ecstatic because there was a shirt in it with 42 on it. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be a sports thing but I don't see it in that way!

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now.
  • Ahzuri
    Options
    Ahh, but what is the ultimate question?

It is impossible for both The Ultimate Answer and The Ultimate Question to be known about in the same universe as they will cancel each other out and take the Universe with them to be replaced by something even more bizarre, some speculate it may have already happened.
  • Ahzuri
    Options
    Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now.

This was the ONLY part of the movie that I was SOOOOOO happy they kept. It was otherwise oddly disappointing, but still good. Alan Rickman was the perfect Marvin!

Its probably my favorite quote EVER

I actually watched the movie before I read the omnibus book (shame on me I know, I've had the book for like 5 years its just been in another state) so while I'm sitting here reading it I always read Marvins parts in Rickmans voice! I just got passed the part where Zaphod survived the vortex and I'm really enjoying the books, I just wish I had more time to read than when the kid is in the bath lol