Wedding: Ceremony music!!

Options
Hey ya'll!! I made a post regarding this a couple days ago but I was surprised I didn't get a lot of responses. Just looking for some music ideas for our ceremony. Mostly, recessional but any ideas are great :) SO EXCITING!!

Replies

• Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I got a celtic wedding music cd for my wedding last year. The music is gorgeous.

After ordering, they shipped it immediately and I had it within days. Highly recommend it.

http://www.tcartermusic.com/products/highland_serenade
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    the acoustic version of Train's - Marry Me. i love it! and could totally see myself walking down the aisle to it. :)
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    What kind of ceremony are you having? You'll want your music to fit in with the overall style. We had Song of Joy for our traditional ceremony. Also had The Wedding Song (There is Love) sung while we were signing the register.
  • SamanthaSteg
    SamanthaSteg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I walked down to 'Love Me Tender' sung by Norah Jones. I heard it on American Idol once and actually listened to the words...it is a fantastic song!
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Personally for my entrance I wanted Darth Vader's march from "Star Wars", but my mom wouldn't allow me. So I had to go traditional here comes the bride and wedding march.

Vader's march would've been waaaaaaaaaaay more fun and appropriate though :laugh:
  • AimsMac
    Options
    ive been for the past few days thinking of a first dance song too! a million other things I still need to plan but keep thinking about that song! Lol
  • nmcameron11
    Options
    Personally for my entrance I wanted Darth Vader's march from "Star Wars", but my mom wouldn't allow me. So I had to go traditional here comes the bride and wedding march.

Vader's march would've been waaaaaaaaaaay more fun and appropriate though :laugh:

That would have been awesome!!
  • nmcameron11
    Options
    ive been for the past few days thinking of a first dance song too! a million other things I still need to plan but keep thinking about that song! Lol

Right!! Music really makes a moment! :)
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I danced to "It Is You I Have Loved All Along" by Dana Glover from the Shrek soundtrack. It's kind of rock n' roll but has a great message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TXOAeu6Gc
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    anything michael buble'! he is so romantic, classic, and fun. My friend walked down the aisle to "sway" and although I wouldn't do it it was light and fun and unexpected. Really cute! But this is coming from a michael buble' fanatic! lol.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    baby got back- by sir mixalot
    dancing queen-abba
    smell yo D***-by riskay
    hit me baby one more time-britney

haha sorry I couldnt resist...
    but i agree with what some else posted,micheal buble-he's amazing
  • nmcameron11
    Options
    baby got back- by sir mixalot
    dancing queen-abba
    smell yo D***-by riskay
    hit me baby one more time-britney

haha sorry I couldnt resist...
    but i agree with what some else posted,micheal buble-he's amazing

hahah...love it!!!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    ACDC- Shook Me All Night Long
    This was a must play at my wedding!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Oh and for the ceremony- I went totally traditional.

Greensleeves and Canon in D. I cry every time I hear Canon in D- I love it.
    The traditional wedding march is great to walk down the aisle to.
  • nmcameron11
    Options
    Oh and for the ceremony- I went totally traditional.

Greensleeves and Canon in D. I cry every time I hear Canon in D- I love it.
    The traditional wedding march is great to walk down the aisle to.

Canon in D is amazing!!
  • nicoled87
    Options
    Josh groban-the prayer
    Recessional I think I'm going with what a wonderful world or plain white t's rhythm of love
    I'm walking down to feels like home by chantal ?
    Love 'to make you feel my love'. When you say nothing at all, marry me.

Do you ever get on theknot.com? That's where i fond most of my ideas....they have community boards and a whole board dedicated to just music! You should def check it out!
  • nmcameron11
    Options
    Josh groban-the prayer
    Recessional I think I'm going with what a wonderful world or plain white t's rhythm of love
    I'm walking down to feels like home by chantal ?
    Love 'to make you feel my love'. When you say nothing at all, marry me.

Do you ever get on theknot.com? That's where i fond most of my ideas....they have community boards and a whole board dedicated to just music! You should def check it out!

Great ideas!!!! Thanks a bunch :)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    My recessional music will be Hells Bells by ACDC. My guy keeps joking about having it but I will surprise the hell out of him and actually use it.

Sorry I'm no help. I am pretty non-traditional.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    youtube Vitamin String Quartet...they have tons of good songs and it's all instrumental
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    youtube Vitamin String Quartet...they have tons of good songs and it's all instrumental

Yes! I love them!

I should probably start thinking about music... planning in general is going so slow for me. I can't get a guest list out of my fiance, he wants an unreasonably small budget (like $1000 total for catering and photography!), and we're trying to plan things from 900 miles away!