discouraged....

Options
I have been on this site for 3-4 weeks, and I have only lost 7 lbs and only about an inch overall. I'm gettin a bit discouraged. I'm eating better than I ever have and I rarely go over my calorie goal. I don't know how to lose more weight.... :(

Replies

• Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    7 pounds in 3-4 weeks is fantastic! Hang in there, the weight will keep dropping.
  • cynn6604
    Options
    are you getting enough exercise? That important in giving your metabolism a quick start to burn those calories.:bigsmile:
  • Dan0myte
    Dan0myte Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Typically you're only supposed to lose 1 pound a week. If you've lost 7 in 4 weeks you're doing amazing!
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I agree, 7 lbs in 3-4 weeks is nothing to sneeze at! You're doing fantastic. Those lbs will really add up fast!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone above me. Seven pounds in 3-4 weeks is awesome!! Don't expect Biggest Loser-type numbers. The healthy and sustainable way to go about weight loss is the way you are doing it. Keep up the great work!!!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    What? That's progress!! Just keep working on it. Remember to exercise - lean muscle mass is important for fat burning through the day and with dieting you can lose quite a bit of it. Get plenty of protein and strength train along with some cardio and make sure you are staying above 1200 Net calories most of the week. And lots and lots of water.

Start focusing on how you look and how your clothes fit as opposed to the number on the scale. I watched my scale jump almost 4 pounds this week just because of my time of month. (And each day on it I dropped a pound).

This is what is working for me. We are all different though.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Thats a great healthy loss. Don't be discouraged be very proud.
  • bahecasmart
    bahecasmart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    7 pounds in 4 weeks is fantastic! If you lose weight at a reasonable, steady pace (just like you are, right now...) it is more likely to stay off. Often times, if you lose weight really quickly, you're more likely to put it back on. Also, think of it this way.. if you lose 7 pounds every 4 weeks, that's 91 pounds in a year! That's a LOT!
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are right on target for some healthy wieght loss at nearly 2 pounds per week :) Don't be discouraged you are doing it right.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    7lb in 3-4 weeks is perfectly fine.
    You need to remember that weight which has piled on over months or years is not going to go away in a month.
  • iheartmemories
    Options
    You are doing great!
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    I exercise at least 1 1/2 hours a day!! I do the bike, strength training, boxing, and the elliptical sometimes. So, I think I'm getting enough exercise.

I lost that much weight, but now my weight has stayed the same for about 3 days now and it won't budge... :(
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes, you shouldn't be discouraged at all! At your weight, 1 to 1.5lbs a week is probably what I would recommend, honestly.

And you should try not to weigh yourself every day! (Or if you do, realize your weight will fluctuate daily.) Once a week at most is recommended; the weight of water and food in your body changes every day (in fact it changes hour to hour depending on your intake!), so you'll get the most accurate FAT loss numbers if you don't weigh so often.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I would suggest not weighing yourself everyday. You will become obsessed and it might hurt your motivation. Aim for weighing in once per week and measuring every 2-3 weeks.
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are making some good progress, just keep it up. If you're like me and are exercising more you also have to factor in that you are gaining muscle which will effect your weight. I recommend taking your measurements - this gives you another way to track your progress. I don't know about you but I much rather lose an inch in my waist than a lb or two. Remember it's not always about the lbs, it's about how much better you feel and how much healthier you are :)
  • TAPace1970
    Options
    A 7-pound loss is great for the amount of time you've been working at it! You don't want to lose weight too fast. You're more likely to keep it off if you lose gradually. Keep up the good work. :o)
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    7lbs in 3-4 weeks is amazing well done, I wish i could loose that fast :):):) xxx
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I exercise at least 1 1/2 hours a day!! I do the bike, strength training, boxing, and the elliptical sometimes. So, I think I'm getting enough exercise.

I lost that much weight, but now my weight has stayed the same for about 3 days now and it won't budge... :(

Don't weigh yourself every day. Everyone's weight fluctuates and you'll drive yourself nuts. Weigh in once a week and then hide the scale from yourself.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    That's more than 1.5lbs lost each week which is within what is considered to be the standard for healthy weight loss. Means you're making changes that will stay with you forever and lead to a LIFETIME spent at your goal weight.

Congratulations on your success!!!

Charmagne
  • momof26
    Options
    Don't be dicouraged!! You are doing great! You lost 7 pounds and that awesome. WAY TO GO!!